Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: repaires on bmw bike in Ohio.

repaires on bmw bike in Ohio.

Has any one had work done at sills in cleveland ohio or all seasons in wooster ohio. Trying to figure out who is better at major repaires.

No longer a member here
    Both are O.K. but neither one is on the top end of the scale. Sill's is rather busy with lawnmower repairs and All Season's has too many other brands and both don't have a real good BMW mechanic.
    The absolute best BMW service you can get in NE Ohio is at Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia.
    It may be a long haul, depending where you are, but it is worth it.
    What bike?
    Last edited by EMSimon; 01-22-2013 at 01:54 PM.

Other than a tire change at All Seasons, I have not had work done at Sills or All Seasons, so I can not speak about their quality.

I have had outstanding service from Mathias BMW in New Philadelphia, OH since I moved to this area in 1995. Dealership owner Gene is a treats you more than fairly and lead mechanic Jamie will see that your bike is done correctly. I have bought both a new and a used BMW from this dealership.

I also did well with Re-Psycle BMW when I needed parts and service on a 1984 R80RT.

I have lived in Michigan, Illinois and Ohio and dealt with more than 12 BMW dealerships and repair shops in those states since I started riding in the 1970's. Mathias ranks among the best of those.
    George
    K1200RS, K1200LT, R80RT, R100R, R75/5

thank you

I am sorry i missed you. I was sleeping hit a deer sat. going 65/70 mph bike has heavy front end damage. threw deer 60 feet I went off road layed bike down then rolled slid not sure. I am very sore but ok. trying to get to a shop so it can be hopefully fixed. I never wear a helmet but I got it out and put it on coming home I can remember the impact then my head hitting the ground will always wear one now. I really would i to thank you for your help.

No longer a member here
    Wow! That is one hell of a reason to have to look for a repair shop! Did you contact your insurance? Are you sure the bike CAN be repaired - is the frame bent?
    Again, what bike?

bike

I have a lot of R11XXRT front fairing parts if you need some. Jon

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkCloud View Post
    I have a lot of R11XXRT front fairing parts if you need some. Jon
    Funny that you put the two XXes in there:
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever changed a R1100RT top fairing to a R1150RT part? Does it fit or do you need the fairing bracketry/holder?
    I know you need a different headlight.

"Travel'in" John
    Burlington, Ky - very mini "tree-farm" & the Florida Cape - Titusville, winter retreat

Gee-whiz...

after its repaired; get a sports car! ...less ya know you got 9 lives; you do seem lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSimon View Post
    Funny that you put the two XXes in there:
    I don't want to hijack this thread, but has anyone ever changed a R1100RT top fairing to a R1150RT part? Does it fit or do you need the fairing bracketry/holder?
    I know you need a different headlight.
    To change it over you need a new headlight, and the tupperware panel around it. To make it fully functional you need a new dash panel with the light switch for the fog light and headlight adjustor, along with the adjusting mechanism. It would be very hard to spot a conversion. Jon

No longer a member here
    The question really was, if it is necessary to change the metal bracketry. I have the headlight and the plastic, as well as the top cover for the windshield base, which is different.
    Didn't think about the instrument panel and the switches for fog-light and headlight adjustment.

The question really was, if it is necessary to change the metal bracketry. I have the headlight and the plastic, as well as the top cover for the windshield base, which is different.
    Didn't think about the instrument panel and the switches for fog-light and headlight adjustment.
    check with realoem to see if they interchange

wrecked gsa

I dropped the bike off at Mathias BMW real nice people . They were taking it apart yesterday both rims bent,piece out of frame.I have got to wait for insurance to get back to me. Do not want a car. Already looking at another GSA. Miss my bike I only had her 6 1/2 months and she gave me alot of good memories. They put a speedometer on and she stated up still wants to be rode. I signed the organ donor card for her. She will live on. Wear your helmet and get hip,back and shoulder protection.

make of bike

Sorry still a little out of it. 2012 R1200 GSA triple black.

No longer a member here
    You are in good hands at Gene's and his crew!

thanks for the help

You are in good hands at Gene's and his crew!
    Thanks. I am glad someone used this to get a answer on there bike problems.