Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bainbridge Island, WA BASE CAMP!

Quote Originally Posted by firedad View Post
    Wow, 2 riders in Kitsap.

I'm down in Port Orchard
    Actually, that would be 3 riders.

And I'm in Seabeck...but you probably guessed that!

A bit curious about your 'handle', Firedad. 26 year retired veteran here...

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post

A little known history of Bainbridge Island is that the (precursor) to the NSA (Army Intelligence Signal Corps) listening station there picked up the attack plans (on December 6) for Pearl Harbor from the Japanese.

That's where I run, Battle Point Park, the old signal base. Now it's soccer fields and playgrounds. Nice observatory too. There's a measured 1.5 mile trail that loops the park.

I've been trying to get a monthly dinner going at Madison Diner. The owner is cool with us crashing the place every month (they're cruiser riders), I call it the Last Thursday Dinner. Next one is actually the last day of January, Thursday the 31st, come on down - I'll be there around 6:30pm. They close at 8pm.

Another Puget Sound Member.

I always wonder how many Puget Sound Riders are around here. i am in Olympia my self a great gateway stop to the Olympics off of HWY 101. Plan on hitting the rally myself.
    Cheers

West Sound Ride-To-Eat (RTE)??

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeraces View Post
    That's where I run, Battle Point Park, the old signal base. Now it's soccer fields and playgrounds. Nice observatory too. There's a measured 1.5 mile trail that loops the park.

I've been trying to get a monthly dinner going at Madison Diner. The owner is cool with us crashing the place every month (they're cruiser riders), I call it the Last Thursday Dinner. Next one is actually the last day of January, Thursday the 31st, come on down - I'll be there around 6:30pm. They close at 8pm.

Sounds like an interesting place, not far from the Seattle ferry.

Here's a thread that's been running for a couple of years for ride-to-eats in the northern Virginia area. The RTE's are a bit irregular, but have been great fun--attendance between 10 to over 50 riders showing up. Has definitely required coordinating with the selected eatery. We've tried to visit different places, and locations that span the local riding region. When the weather's nice folks have ridden for a couple of hours to them. Here's the link if anyone's interested in seeing how this one evolved. http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=660536

Don't know how many folks in the west Sound area might be interested, but I'm willing to set some up when I get unpacked . . .

Other NoVA Links

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    Day job has me in DC quite a bit. More than the 18 months I was stationed there I usually hotel it in Fairfax, and sneak down 50/29 into the district. Thanks for the adv link it might be nice to check out.
    Here's a few more links if you're around the DC area. Quite a few "inmates" live in Fairfax, Arlington, Manassas, Woodbridge, etc. There's a fair amount of activity most weekends, and often during the week. I've not met a more welcoming group of folks than these; I'm sure you'd feel at home. Except for the traffic, that is!! (I'd go to work at 0530 just to avoid the traffic . . . . ).

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=552022

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=472407

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=402683