Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bainbridge Island, WA BASE CAMP!

Bainbridge Island, WA BASE CAMP!

Recently joined the MOA, been riding almost 10 years. Finally got my first BMW, '09 R1200GSA and it will be with me until my ashes are scattered. I'm a racing tech from NC, just moved to the PNW this past summer. If any of you are on ADVRider, I'm SgtMike.
    I enjoy hosting riders, got a small garage and hot coffee if anyone makes the trip to Seattle. Just a ferry ride away from the big city but a huge difference in culture. Bainbridge is a small town, local walkabout type of place with good people to meet. So come on over and visit!

MikeC.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeraces View Post
    Recently joined the MOA, been riding almost 10 years. Finally got my first BMW, '09 R1200GSA and it will be with me until my ashes are scattered. I'm a racing tech from NC, just moved to the PNW this past summer. If any of you are on ADVRider, I'm SgtMike.
    I enjoy hosting riders, got a small garage and hot coffee if anyone makes the trip to Seattle. Just a ferry ride away from the big city but a huge difference in culture. Bainbridge is a small town, local walkabout type of place with good people to meet. So come on over and visit!

MikeC.
    Welcome Mike!

I live north walking distance to Canada/US border 1.5 hrs to Seattle so if I do visit there better be coffee when I get there.

Cheers m8!

Quote Originally Posted by WEEMAN View Post
    Welcome Mike!

I live north walking distance to Canada/US border 1.5 hrs to Seattle so if I do visit there better be coffee when I get there.

Cheers m8!

You got it! There's a great 1950's era diner, I'm a regular. I have a friend that teaches at the University there in Bellingham, will let you know if I make up that way.

Thumbs up

Hi Mike, I'm planning to attend the Rally at Salem, OR this coming July and hope to travel across western Canada before dropping down thru WA. If my maps and GPS co-operate I would enjoy a good "cup" of coffee & conversation with the Sarg. RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

You got it Chief!

Quote Originally Posted by Rpbump View Post
    Hi Mike, I'm planning to attend the Rally at Salem, OR this coming July and hope to travel across western Canada before dropping down thru WA. If my maps and GPS co-operate I would enjoy a good "cup" of coffee & conversation with the Sarg. RIDE SAFE

We catch up north of Seattle and ride in, look forward to it!

Jack Herbst
    Hi Mike, welcome aboard! Your post caught my eye. I lived on Bainbridge Is. for twenty five years. We lived on the south end of the Is. down at South Beach. Good memories. Left in 2000 when I retired. Now live in Tucson AZ. If you ever need to get out of the rain come on down and look me up.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

4A44
    Hi Mike,
    I live somewhere near m8. I live north of Ferndale.
    If you get this way, I could make that meet for coffee.
    Stu

Mike, welcome! I'm ORexpat on ADV, and moving back to Silverdale in a couple of weeks. Will be volunteering at the big rally in Salem in July.

We ought to get together. We can trade coffee! And

Vr, Dan

Geesh!

We may have to start a Kitsap Kounty Chapter of BMWMOA!

Bill Johnston

Sounds Good to me!

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Geesh!

I'm in, seems hard to find riders around hear - looks like we got a good start!

Was in Silverdale TODAY.

Quote Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
    Mike, welcome! I'm ORexpat on ADV, and moving back to Silverdale in a couple of weeks. Will be volunteering at the big rally in Salem in July.

We ought to get together. We can trade coffee! And

Vr, Dan

Went to see Zero Dark Thirty, Silverdale is a great location. I'm planning to visit the rally as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeraces View Post
    I've been on ADV rider has to be darn near 10 years, but rarely post there (or here too). Love that area of Kitsap County. Nearly 3 decades ago I was a police officer in Suquamish and later worked for the infamous Pat Jones in the Sheriffs Department. Suquamish was scouted as the town for a Sylvester Stalone flick called Cobra way back then (c. 1986). I lived on a boat in the Brownsville Marina and parked my bike at the head of the dock for years but understand such things are pretty much banned now. Great fun was to head up the back way into Poulsbo and get a donut at the bakery on the waterfront.

A little known history of Bainbridge Island is that the (precursor) to the NSA (Army Intelligence Signal Corps) listening station there picked up the attack plans (on December 6) for Pearl Harbor from the Japanese.
    ------------------
    Sam Liles
    Candidate for BMWMOA BOD
    selil.com

Quote Originally Posted by SeabeckS View Post
    Geesh!

Maybe start with a "Ride To Eat" later new month/early March. Hopin' my bikes survive their trip out west . . .

Quote Originally Posted by selil View Post
    I've been on ADV rider has to be darn near 10 years, but rarely post there (or here too). Love that area of Kitsap County. Nearly 3 decades ago I was a police officer in Suquamish and later worked for the infamous Pat Jones in the Sheriffs Department. Suquamish was scouted as the town for a Sylvester Stalone flick called Cobra way back then (c. 1986). I lived on a boat in the Brownsville Marina and parked my bike at the head of the dock for years but understand such things are pretty much banned now. Great fun was to head up the back way into Poulsbo and get a donut at the bakery on the waterfront.

A little known history of Bainbridge Island is that the (precursor) to the NSA (Army Intelligence Signal Corps) listening station there picked up the attack plans (on December 6) for Pearl Harbor from the Japanese.
    FYI, Sluy's bakery is still going strong in Poulsbo...

On another note, a good friend of mine has a chart of Puget Sound, odd thing is none of the military bases show up. Printed by the US Government Printing Office. Dec 8, 1941.

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston

Quote Originally Posted by ORexpat View Post
    Maybe start with a "Ride To Eat" later new month/early March. Hopin' my bikes survive their trip out west . . .
    Meet, Greet, n' Eat...sounds terrific. Hope y'all have a good trip...!

Cheers!
    Bill Johnston