Thread: Elefantenboy mod

Elefantenboy mod

Okay everybody Hopefully you understand the complexities of my question?? Used to have an older airhead and had a really nice elephantenboy tank bag with the front, back and sides leather connect straps. So now back to the future and now own a 2012 R1200RT with no easy way to install the old bag.
    I was wondering if anybody can figure out a way for me to still use my old tank bag and somehow hook it onto the mount over the gas tank??

With all due regard for the Elephantenboy, this sounds like trying to attach a hay rack to the back of a Shelby Cobra.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 01-13-2013 at 05:11 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

I had an Elephantenboy on my /2 and later, a Triumph. The straps are configured to go around a traditional, exposed gas tank. I'd sell it on the flea market to somebody who would really appreciate it for their vintage bike and get something appropriate for the RT.

There are such better alternatives these days.
    Dave

'06 Triumph Scrambler (Trans-Labrador veteran)

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    With all due regard for the Elephantenboy, this sounds like trying to attach a hay rack to the back of a Shelby Cobra.
    I was thinking along those lines... but decided to and wait for someone else to say it
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait