Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Couldn't find a better thread to ask this question!!

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,000

    Couldn't find a better thread to ask this question!!

    Years ago, when I was a member of the BMWMOA (mid 1980's), each member got a little booklet that had a listing (by location of residence), of willing members who would make themselves available if a traveling fellow member had a breakdown.

    Does the club still do anything like that? I and my son are planning a trip late this spring/early summer, and I sure would feel a lot more comfortable if I had one of these!

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    Nutfarm
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Folsom CA.
    Posts
    295
    Yes, it's called the BMW owners anonymous, available to all club members.

  3. #3
    Administrator 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,199
    Our ON editor has indicated in the latest column that coming soon to a phone near you will be the Anonymous app! That should make things better!!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  4. #4
    moosehead
    Guest
    My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

    I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.

    Funny, I actually get 2-3 calls a year from BMW riders through the anonymous directory just becuse I live where I live on a major trade route where the closest BMW dealer is 200 miles away. As a result have helped out many riders...mostly "newer" beemers that require dealer surgery.

    I still travel with the old 2009 directory but never used it yet....probably cause I ride airheads only

    Sorry for the rant but beginning to feel like a 3rd world citizen to this organization at times....

    And I don't have a hi-tech cell phone with APPS etc...I ride airheads remember

  5. #5
    Registered User toooldtocare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Lake Saint Louis, MO
    Posts
    1,728
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosehead View Post
    My last anonymous book was 2009....10+ years member....4 books...not a great track record from the organization. Perhaps living and being member in Canada doesn't help...don't know why..... they get my money every year. I update info for them yearly if any changes.

    I gave up calling every year for one....maybe north of the border is beyond their mail delivery for a directory but I get the mag OK and they get my cheque.
    Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

    Wayne

  6. #6
    moosehead
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by toooldtocare View Post
    Something is wrong, I get mine every year. I just looked at the last one and it is 2012, sitting on top last year's. My membership started in the mid 80s too and I don't remember not getting one. I would forward this link to them via email and ask them to check into it.

    Wayne
    I'll try them again this year about it...we'll see. Last year I called and they said they sent another one but never got it. We even reconfirmed my address but nothing showed up. We'll see what happens....let you know.

  7. #7
    Registered User kwb210's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Washington, the state
    Posts
    276

    Simple Explanation: Your mailman rides an airhead

    Common complaint. Never received my book...your mailman probably rides an airhead and ....

    Next time I ride across the US and Canada I will bring an extra book to give you after you respond to my call for help.
    Kurt
    1977 R100/7 1971.1972.1972.1973 R75/5
    1974 R90/6 multiple boxes
    Airhead Revival
    "Objects in the mirror appear to be losing" unk

  8. #8
    No longer a member here
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,432
    Somehow, I remember that you have to sign up somewhere to receive the book. I didn't think it was available automatically to all members. Don't you have to be in it in order to receive it?

  9. #9
    moosehead
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by kwb210 View Post
    Common complaint. Never received my book...your mailman probably rides an airhead and ....

    Next time I ride across the US and Canada I will bring an extra book to give you after you respond to my call for help.
    Kurt
    Ha ha....in fact our rural route postie rides a.....big ass Harley....maybe he does have it! I'll ask Bill next time!

    Yep, call anytime....out in the boonies but lotsa bikers going through on the way west or east...only one call from an airhead rider over the years and all he wanted was a spot to pich a tent which was easily accomodated...in our spare bedroom

  10. #10
    Old man in the mountains osbornk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Marion VA-In the middle of some of the best riding in the country.
    Posts
    3,289
    I've gotten mine every year since the 90s.
    'You can say what you want about the South, but I almost never hear of anyone wanting to retire to the North.

  11. #11
    RK Ryder
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    London, Ontario
    Posts
    2,044
    I live only a few hours south of you (in Canada) and have always received mine since joining in 2005. For the last few years, I even order and pay for a second, one for each bike, and both have always found their way to my mailbox. Don't know the answer to your problem but do you occasionally miss receiving other mail as well?
    Paul
    Retired and riding my RTs, the '87 K100 & the '98 R1100 !
    Treasurer of the Forest City Motorrad Club #159
    Knights of the Roundel #333

  12. #12
    moosehead
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul_F View Post
    I live only a few hours south of you (in Canada) and have always received mine since joining in 2005. For the last few years, I even order and pay for a second, one for each bike, and both have always found their way to my mailbox. Don't know the answer to your problem but do you occasionally miss receiving other mail as well?
    Well, we've moved 2 times since 2009 but I verified my mailing address with headquarters and everything checked out...I'm not stuck on it...just one of those things that happens. In asking around my local fellow airhead community doesn,t help as none are members of BMWMOA! Funny, get the mag regularly...and my Airhead mag no problem. Guess its worth checking into...again....maybe my RR delivery guy has switched to a beemer and...ha ha...

    Nope, seems the bills all get delivered!

  13. #13
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,000

    So... how do I get one?

    OK. Now, how do I get one? Do I have to sign up for one somewhere? Will it automatically come to my home?

    Is there someone (official) reading this who can contact the right person and get me one?

    Thanks.

  14. #14
    Administrator 20774's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    13,199
    When did you register with the MOA? It usually takes some time, especially if you registered after the ship date. Call the office and see what they can do for you.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

  15. #15
    On the Road
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Akron, OH
    Posts
    24
    I joined the MOA about 1.5 months ago, and I got my dad a membership to MOA for Christmas (about a month ago).

    Dad- I've already received my MOA Anonymous book, so when you're jalopy-airhead breaks down, we'll be able to call for assistance to either fix it, or, more likely, find the nearest junkyard.

    Zack
    (jimmylee's son)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •