Thread: '04 R1150R Headlight Relay

'04 R1150R Headlight Relay

I want to add a relay kit from Eastern Beaver. I see on the website that in addition to the standard kit that mounts the relays in the headlight shell, Jim offers a waterproof kit for GS models and bikes with a small headlight shell.
    The R shell looks small, is there room inside it for the relays?
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

Quote Originally Posted by Bobmws View Post
    I want to add a relay kit from Eastern Beaver. I see on the website that in addition to the standard kit that mounts the relays in the headlight shell, Jim offers a waterproof kit for GS models and bikes with a small headlight shell.
    The R shell looks small, is there room inside it for the relays?
    I don't think so. I'd go with the relay external to the shell.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

no relays, no fuses

Hallo Bob,
    my guess is you're looking at the non-H4 headlight kits. If you can do cable connections yourself I would recommend a look at the PDM60. Yes it is $149, but no fuses and no relays to control a total of 60Amp over 6 outputs. Meaning you are covered for your next projects.

Here is a nice video about it
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c83l-41RbjI

The product page itself here
    http://www.rowe-electronics.com/modules

I haven't ordered it myself yet, because I'm still checking how to configure it completly. But I'm planing to hook up the low beam, PIAA1100X, heated gear, GPS and Photon Blaster. I started looking because I'm fighting the RT headlight ground problem (burnt) right now. While I'm messing with ground, I'm planing to connect the low beam directly to a 12V PDM60 output. Some say a direct 12V connection gives you more juice at the bulb instead going thru the 'old' BMW switches and connectors. The 7 second PDM60 delay will also allow me to start a very cold engine without the headlight turned on.
    Have a look.
    Joe

Thanks Paul.

Tourer, Single H4 bulb on the R model.
    Bob Weis
    '04 K12RS - Hannigan Hack
    www.earplugco.com

HOTTECH

Headlight Relay

I have the Eastern Beaver headlight relay installed in my 2004 R1150R and it all fit in very snugly but does fit.