Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Need wrenching help

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Now that we understand what the issue is, the tube is turning, I think it will be simple from here on out. I just looked at my bike. The pinch bolts (#4) are readily easy to see and touch on the boss, just inboard and slightly up from your problem bolt. Assuming they are both there, tighten them with an allen wrench. See photo below by poorly drawn feeble red arrows.

If those bolts are missing - 2 of them - #4 in the diagram - then have a helper hold your problem bolt while you put back and tighten the bolt on the other side. This should hold the tube while you take out the problem bolt.

If that fails, look at the tube. There is a flat ground on the tube about 2" of the way from the left side. . This flat is there to hold the tube with an open end wrench as needed.
    Got it Paul. I did feel the flat ground on the left side of the tube and it should be fairly easy to get an open end wrench on it. hanks again for all of your help.

Any progress?
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Any progress?
    Yes Paul. I couldn't snug up the socket bolt to secure the tube but I was able to hold the tube steady with an open end wrench on the left side while I removed the old SW Motech supplied bolt and spacer which I then replaced with the correct fastener. Thanks again for all of your help.