Thread: When will we have a Flea Market sort/search function that works

When will we have a Flea Market sort/search function that works

For as sophisticated as this web site is and with all the paid support staff and resources at your disposal, I don't understand why we can't get this to work. Select a grouping (like airheads) then try to order it by date and you get a badly ordered listing of EVERYTHING in the flea market. Also, you can't do ANY searches at all within one of the subgroups. Totally lame!!!
    Dave Swift
    Grass Valley, CA
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

The flea market is separate from the forum. There have been discussions about changes but as of now, there hasn't been anything that looks viable.
    Have you seen anything in your internet travels that would integrate with our V-bulliten software package?
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

3 Red Bricks
    How about having ALL ads automatically deleted after 30 days?

Then at least you would only have to look through 20 pages (200 items) currently, instead of the current 172 PAGES (1715 items).

I'm sure A LOT of the older ad items were sold a LONG time ago, but were not deleted. A 30 day posting could be resubmitted if it hasn't sold, but automatically deleting them after 30 days would make the Flea Market more manageable.

There are currently ads that go back 14 MONTHS. Hell, with this crowd, the seller might not even be alive still!

Last edited by 98lee; 06-05-2014 at 06:51 PM.
    LONG MAY YOUR BRICK FLY!

Ride Safe, Ride Far, Ride Often

Lee Fulton Forum Moderator
    3 Marakesh Red K75Ss
    Mine, Hers, Spare

In the recent Board meeting minutes published in ON, Ted Moyer said another Flea Market is coming. No details were given.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    The flea market is separate from the forum. There have been discussions about changes but as of now, there hasn't been anything that looks viable.
    Have you seen anything in your internet travels that would integrate with our V-bulliten software package?
    OM
    BMWST.COM uses UBB threads, where the classified are posts in a section of the Forum. Isn't that how the MOA site used to be set up before it got "upgraded?"
    Dave Swift
    Grass Valley, CA
    '07 R1200RT
    '04 R1150RT

Quote Originally Posted by drswift View Post
    BMWST.COM uses UBB threads, where the classified are posts in a section of the Forum. Isn't that how the MOA site used to be set up before it got "upgraded?"
    It, to the best of my knowledge, has always been separate. There was a time during the VB upgrade that we kept one running within the forum. It would seem that the early VB software package (3.6?) had a custom program written and integrated that members really liked but could not be integrated with the latest software package we are running.
    It must be a difficult to do as VB doesn't seem to have an "add on" that runs a flea market.
    Like I mentioned, it seems like there is no easy fix that will satisfy everybody's sense of how a "flea market" should run.
    If you see one, let us know.
    OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    In the recent Board meeting minutes published in ON, Ted Moyer said another Flea Market is coming. No details were given.
    From the minutes in the June ON:

"An improved Flea Market to be powered by Forum is scheduled for May."

Not sure what "...by Forum..." means.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I'm working on an upgrade, but we have run into some issues that I wasn't expecting. Most notably, we don't have any IT resource in house and I have assumed that job in addition to my other responsibilities. Improvements are coming. It is a matter of prioritization. I understand the issues, but it will be a little longer before we have something viable.

Ted
    Ted Moyer
    '09 G450X, '06 R1200RT, '78 R100RS Motosport, '76 CB400F, '72 XL250, '83 RZ350
    It's Billings in 2015! #BeTheAdventure