Thread: 898 has a new buddy

898 has a new buddy

987 joined big brother awhile back needs some TLC. Ten years apart in age, show the best of the times when BMW was actually designing something that could go down the road with some aplomb. 987 is a torque monster with the long stroke, and the high rear gear, just idles down the road. Had one way back, had to get another before my riding days are over. See youse all at the National. Attachment 45832Attachment 45831
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 8ninety8; 07-11-2014 at 01:27 AM.

Nice.

Well, I decided to join suit. Picked up an '86 K75C to live in the northwest with one of the Miatas... definitely a different beast than the R's. I like it so far!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim
    '78 R80/7 and '84 R100RS (Blues Brothers), '86 K75C (Icy Hot)
    '90 and '93 Mazda Miatas (Jelly Bean and Red Hot), '02 325ci (Blue Streak)
    '96 Giant Upland (big Kendas & freshly greased bearings!)

Quote Originally Posted by jad01 View Post
    Well, I decided to join suit. Picked up an '86 K75C to live in the northwest with one of the Miatas... definitely a different beast than the R's. I like it so far!
    Always liked that little bike. I had a 94 K75S/SE and thoroughly enjoyed owning it.

Nice, it's time for a new learning curve. No cat, straight pipes, a relatively simple FI system that can drive you nuts, classic design with no pointy thingies and computer controlled everything else. And if you can't get it to run right, donate it to charity? Or push it in corner until it's discovered twenty years later by your grand children. Get it right and it's a perfect ride.

898 just got back from the rally and it was very enjoyable. He parked on a busy corner for several hours and had a good view of the non ending parade. Had a root beer float, took a few circuits on the tram, had some brewskees, and met some very fine folks from all over the place. Now to get working on 987.