Thread: Rare Color

No longer a member here

Rare Color

One of our (different motorcycle-) club members had a picture published in the last issue of Motorcycle Classics.
    It is of a R27 he owned in the U.K. in the 60s. it was silver in color and the tank looks like it has chromed sides.
    Anybody seen one of that color? He said he was told it was built especially for the wife of the chairman of the BMW owners club in the U.K. around 1959.

I've never seen one, although I think Vech might have one in his museum. These are "parade" tanks and were an option. There's one shown on this page:

http://www.beemergarage.com/Tanks02.html
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

No longer a member here
    Interesting! That looks exactly like the tank on the bike in the magazine picture. Wonder whether this here is silver or white? Can't really tell.

Google "bmw parade tanks" without the quotes and then click on Images. Quite a few tanks show up.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Chrome Parade tanks

[QUOTE=20774;847005]I've never seen one, although I think Vech might have one in his museum.

I do have one. For an R26/R27. Chrome, with "dover white" or Bavarian Creme or whatever you like to call the color.
    It is New Old Stock, was never mounted on a bike, until I installed it on my 1956 R26.

Trenton Rally

Here is a picture of a R26 in Dover White with the Parade Tank owned by a Mr. Mackenzie a Scottish fellow.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ambassador BMW MOA Ontario Canada
    President Niagara BMW Riders #298
    Knights of the Roundel #333
    1977 R100RS, (Retired) 1993 R100GS (just getting started)