Thread: R90S paint colors

Donmystic1

R90S paint colors

What are the modern paint codes for a 1974 R90S that is smoke black and silver ?

I can find the original paint codes but apparently that paint is not available.

Maybe someone knows a source.

So I need the paint code for the Black color and the silver color.

Also the code for the gold pinstripe .

Thanks

Don

Mystic, CT

In the auto body trade black is pretty much black, as long as you stay away from those with pearl or metallic in the formula.The real question there is which paint brand & type. I'm using PPG DBU black base/clear, others may opt for Glasurit for OEM & it's listed via the adv.'s in ON. Sikkens paints have matched well on euro colors for me in past. The silver hopefully you'll get another post/info for the match & gold the same.

Holt BMW is the place to go for Glasurit paints. I would think they can mix the colors needed.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

+1 Holt BMW

These guys seem to know it ALL. . .

Walking Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    In the auto body trade black is pretty much black, as long as you stay away from those with pearl or metallic in the formula.The real question there is which paint brand & type. I'm using PPG DBU black base/clear, others may opt for Glasurit for OEM & it's listed via the adv.'s in ON. Sikkens paints have matched well on euro colors for me in past. The silver hopefully you'll get another post/info for the match & gold the same.
    The original paint isn't black, however. It's a weird brownish green that looks black when it's thick enough.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com