Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Where to buy Golden 4 Spectro Engine Oil

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I started an oil thread...of sorts in the Airheads forum. I have completed testing of 18 oils similar to testing that was done by Jeffrey DiCarlo (1999) and Matt Parkhouse (2002). My results start with this post:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthre...l=1#post842930

The Spectro products, BMWs, as well as some other popular oils were tested for ZDDP, viscosity, and TBN. I will be submitting an article to the ON soon.
    Can I bust into my new gallon jug of Rotella T6 yet?-Or must I wait for the results?

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I've never seen Golden Spectro sold at the dealer. If you mean that the BMW oil is blended by Spectro, then yes, the dealer sells that. But not the straight-up oil in Spectro bottles.
    I had to double check. I've bought both, by the case. The BMW "brand" as well as straight up Golden Spectro.

However, per my last post, I no longer purchase either, since I'm a Mobil 1 kind of guy now.
    -----------------------------------------
    Brad D. - Member #105766
    '77 R100RS - Black Beauty (big pipe, baby!)
    '94 R1100RS - Sylvia

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Can I bust into my new gallon jug of Rotella T6 yet?-Or must I wait for the results?
    Go ahead with your oil...Rotella T6 wasn't on the menu. Shell Rotella T in 15w40 flavor was. It was the only 40w tested. It was so-so on ZDDP...would have been better if it had more. It was pretty good in the other two categories, but I think people are more concerned with ZDDP.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!