Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Flea Market in the Forum is Doomed

Quote Originally Posted by jwetering View Post
    It's kind of like if the wife decides to put the can opener in a different drawer. You don't starve to death....you just start going to the other drawer..

OMG Now that is funny

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Just to prove my previous point, putting the Flea market in the "new posts" search will exponentially grow it, IMHO. I buy sell and trade stuff all the time, I have 4 in the family that ride, so always wearing out stuff or looking for upgrades.

I frequent ADV rider, and ebay (over 500 transactions) perusing the offerings, but in the years I have been here I have never listed, on only a couple times looked here.....................Until Yesterday, I hit new posts and low and behold someone was selling a set of BMW Goretex inserts, in my size!! I have been looking for a year for a set to go with my BMW Atlantis pants, I bought last year off the Pelican R1100S forum, and the Santiago Jacket I picked up a few months ago on ADV rider.

So my vote is to leave it as it is now, I will bet a piece of pie to any detractor, that in 6 months, the volume and speed of sales will be up a minimum 25%, and listings will increase due to the exposure. I win, you buy the pie!

Proof is in the pudding!
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

"Running Out The Clock" grafikfeat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pffog View Post
    So my vote is to leave it as it is now, I will bet a piece of pie to any detractor, that in 6 months, the volume and speed of sales will be up a minimum 25%, and listings will increase due to the exposure. I win, you buy the pie!

Proof is in the pudding!
    No. The Pie.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

I don't know the ins and outs of the ForumWare but...

...is it possible to add a radial button in the "Miscellaneous Options" section below stating "Vendor" or "Member".
    What that button "broadcasts" is up to the folks behind the screen. Perhaps a different "icon" in list view stating vendor.
    Yes, vendors should have access to the Flea Market if they are in fact buying ad space OR if they are of course a Dues Paying Member in good standing.

This way we know with whom we are dealing.

This is just an alternate idea to a whole new additional section.

My 2?ó.
    "Stupidity, if left untreated, is self-correcting."

IÔÇÖm not a rally rat so I find very few threads worth opening on the forum. However, having the flea market listings in the regular ÔÇ£new postsÔÇØ listing makes the site much more interesting for me.

Quote Originally Posted by GrafikFeat View Post
    ...is it possible to add a radial button in the "Miscellaneous Options" section below stating "Vendor" or "Member".
    Something to think about!
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Something to think about!
    I hope that means "considering".

I like it the way it is, as it comes up with new posts.
    Very easy to skim by if it's not of interest, but I've noticed myself looking at much more posts about parts and gear. Before, I would cruize through the flea market once in a couple of weeks - just didn't think to go there......

I'll bet posters to the flea market will have much better luck with their sales too!

Ken
    IBA #44567 Pres. Springfield BMW Roadriders
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
    -Albert Eienstein