Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Forum log on trouble ?

I have no idea what a Kaspersky program is ??

I use a Norton anti virus and I think a Macafee

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Gary -

Marc is referring to the icon in front of the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen. Right now it just shows a generic "V checkmark". Here's the favicon for Snowbum's website:
    It will also show in your Favorite List. If you have this site labeled as "MOA Forum", you can have a custom icon in front of MOA Forum.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post

I take it you have Norton on one computer and McAfee on another computer???
    As mentioned earlier, it does not work well to have two anti virus programs running on one computer.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Kevin -

So you just click on Login and you see the messages? Which Login are you talking about? I have Google Chrome which I rarely use so when I go to the MOA forum with it, I appear as a guest with a Login button on the top right. If I click on that Login button, I don't see any unusual messages. That takes me to a screen that requires me to entry my username and password. There is another Login button on that screen. Which of the two buttons are you referring to?
    I have the BMW MOA saved as a 'favorite,' and when I click on that, it gives me the MOA home page, with the log-on in the upper left. However, immediately upon displaying the 'home page,' a virus warning apears, and then again when I get the 'sign in' page and hit 'log on' for a second time to access the Forum.

Sending you a PM.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Gary -

Marc is referring to the icon in front of the URL in the address bar at the top of the screen. Right now it just shows a generic "V checkmark". Here's the favicon for Snowbum's website:
    You guys already have the appropriate favicon.. it's the one used for the main (non-forum) site and looks like this:

favicon.JPG

I'm just asking that you use it for the forum pages, too. It probably means somehow telling vbulletin to not use it's built in favicon.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwald View Post
    XXXhttp://www.fmld.at/_daten/api.js,XXX
    That is obviously not a link to an MOA page. The question is from where is it coming? Instead of using your favorite, click on the address bar and type in www.bmwmoa.org and see if you get the same warning. I'm wondering if your favorite got modified behind the scene as part of the original site problems.

Quote Originally Posted by marchyman View Post
    You guys already have the appropriate favicon.. it's the one used for the main (non-forum) site and looks like this:

favicon.JPG

I'm just asking that you use it for the forum pages, too. It probably means somehow telling vbulletin to not use it's built in favicon.
    I just noticed when I use Internet Explorer I have the Globe next to my bookmark/favorite and next to the MOA home page address.
    When using Google Chrome, I only get the default VB favicon in both places.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    It will also show in your Favorite List. If you have this site labeled as "MOA Forum", you can have a custom icon in front of MOA Forum.
    It does show on my "bookmarked" (home page) where I start from, list but doesn't show here on the forum pages- I don't know why. I know it does change as when we in the worst of the Virus problems, it went red as a warning. It's not something that I am generally focused on. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    It's not something that I am generally focused on. Gary
    Same here. Like I mentioned earlier I didn't even notice the favicon had changed
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    I take it you have Norton on one computer and McAfee on another computer???
    As mentioned earlier, it does not work well to have two anti virus programs running on one computer.

Kaspersky is a brand name like Norton and McAfee. Sometimes people will buy, say a Norton program, and have a free version of McAfee from their internet service provider- this sometimes has two programs bumping into each other. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Favicon

I found out from a software guy that the favicon should be stored in one of the main folders for the website on the webserver. It will take someone with the "executive washroom key" to make the change.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

My Solution

Was getting the same message and decided to install Sandboxie. Now I can get on without any warnings and not have to worry about any malicious software. Just my 2 cents and you know what that's worth.
    Have fun & Ride safe, Anthony
    '83 R100RS
    '03 GL1800A
    '99 KLR 250

Thumbs up

I found out from a software guy that the favicon should be stored in one of the main folders for the website on the webserver. It will take someone with the "executive washroom key" to make the change.
    Kurt - I tried your suggestion (or Gary's - losing track over who is suggesting what to me these days!) of accessing the Forum directly.

I did and no virus warnings from Kaspersky - the 'trojans' must lurk in the MOA server itself?

Problem is, I need the home page, flea market, etc. as well - so not out of the woods yet.

Good Luck.
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Kurt - I tried your suggestion (or Gary's - losing track over who is suggesting what to me these days!) of accessing the Forum directly.

I did and no virus warnings from Kaspersky - the 'trojans' must lurk in the MOA server itself?

Problem is, I need the home page, flea market, etc. as well - so not out of the woods yet.

Good Luck.
    OK Kevin, it's info like this that narrows down where to look for the problem. Chances are that the warning is "stuck" in Kaspersky's warning alert log and that threat has passed. The IT guys did a great job of clearing the warnings off the Google search engine, hopefully that's what we need to do here. Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

The Flea Market is on the forum, so you don't need the Home Page for that. But if the Home Page has access info that you need, then that's an issue. We're still putting together a list of things that must be checked out.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!