Thread: Forum log on trouble ?

Hybrid View

Forum log on trouble ?

Just wondered if anyone else is having trouble getting on the forum or the web site ?

I keep getting a message that the forum is an attack or has been attacked and my computer blocks me most of the time.
    Today it opened ok but for the last few weeks it's been a problem.

Doug

Hi Doug, this months Best of Forum should catch you up on current events here on the forum. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Thanks, I went there and was poking around it was going ok, then I moved to the Flea Market and got the same attack message ??

You will probably have to clear your history, cookies, and browser as the site is clean now- your compute has some bad info stored. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Not being very computer literate , do you mean i should defrag it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    No, defragmenting a hard disk is different.

Your computer keeps a record of web pages you visit. When the computer returns to a previously-visited page, some or all of the information displayed is what was downloaded and displayed before. This information is stored as history and cookies in your browser.

You'll need to clear the cookies that your browser downloaded from the MOA webiste, as well as the browser's history. In the browser that you use, there's either a menu bar command or buttons to push in the preferences or settings screens, or some combination, to accomplish this.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by 40427 View Post
    David has it about right. I understand about the computer thing and there are so many ways to do it, I'm a little leery to give you instructions without knowing your computer, browser and set-up in general.
    Perhaps you could ask around with some of the people you know and they could get you started-OR- you could Google "delete cookies on Internet Explorer" and take a peek (this is an example as you could be using IE or Firefox or Chrome.
    When you do clear things up a side benefit will be your computer will most likely run faster. Good Luck. Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200