Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Gerbing Customer Support = Black Hole

I had ordered a couple of accessories from them in last May and received a partial shipment very promptly. The last part of the order just came in a couple of days ago. Fortunately, I wasn't in a big hurry and it did include an apology for the delay and no additional shipping charges.
    1983 R100RT hacked w/Cozy Rocket My blog
    2012 Ural Patrol
    Airhead #10576

Gerbing Customer Support = Black Hole

Quote Originally Posted by na1g View Post
    Wirelsss controller? I may be a pessimist, but I see myself heading up into Independence Pass, fiddling with the wireless controller for some heat, only to find out that the batteries had died... from the cold! Hard-wired is simpler; simpler is better.

pete
    An optimist sees a glass as half-full. A pessimist sees the glass as half-empty. An engineer sees a glass that is twice as big as it needs to be.
    Still missing your kick start?

Can you see being 1200 miles from home when your EWS ring goes out? I can.
    How about 400 miles from home when your final drives fails? I can.
    How about 80 mph on low fuel when your fuel strip goes out? I can.
    How about the morning before a 4500 mile trip when your ignition switch fails and you have no way to turn off your bike? I can.

A wireless controller is the least of things to worry about.
    Still love my R12RT though, but simplicity is not in the cards.
    Last edited by lbarbee; 01-10-2013 at 01:20 AM.
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Quote Originally Posted by jfmoore430 View Post
    My wife ordered a jacket liner for me for Christmas back in early November. She has called them a couple of times with no answer or if answered a flippant response! She was told that she would get it by middle to late December 2012. Well it is mid-January 2013
    They are advising contacting tom.nolan@gerbing.com or greg@gerbing.com for help with status of orders. If she would prefer, she can pm me an email address and order # or size, and we will look into it.
    Ride Hard, go far, and keep smilin...

Karol Patzer, Ambassador, 2014 BMW MOA Rally Chair
    Visit St. Paul July 24-27, 2014

[QUOTE=jfmoore430;848701]My wife ordered a jacket liner for me for Christmas back in early November. She has called them a couple of times with no answer or if answered a flippant response! She was told that she would get it by middle to late December 2012. Well it is mid-January 2013 and no emails to notify her of the status /QUOTE]

John

We have left messages on Facebook, as well as PM on this forum. We are unable to find an order for "Moore". Tom is unable to help if we don't have more info.

Thanks
    Karol (Gerbings Hat)

Gerbings Customer Support

[QUOTE=R1100rtP;848920]
    Quote Originally Posted by jfmoore430 View Post
    My wife ordered a jacket liner for me for Christmas back in early November. She has called them a couple of times with no answer or if answered a flippant response! She was told that she would get it by middle to late December 2012. Well it is mid-January 2013 and no emails to notify her of the status /QUOTE]

John

We have left messages on Facebook, as well as PM on this forum. We are unable to find an order for "Moore". Tom is unable to help if we don't have more info.

Thanks
    Karol (Gerbings Hat)

An all new phone system has been implemented, and customer service staff has been added. If there are any questions regarding orders, or order status...please call 800-646-5916 or 866-371-4328.

Karol

Jack Herbst
    [QUOTE=R1100rtP;850363]
    Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtP View Post

An all new phone system has been implemented, and customer service staff has been added. If there are any questions regarding orders, or order status...please call 800-646-5916 or 866-371-4328.

Karol
    I hope they have added a lot of phones and customer service people. Tom Nolan told me customer service recieves 700-800 calls per day. WOW

FYI Karol works for Gerbing in sales

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Thank a teacher if you can read this, thank a veteran that it's in English.

D.B.Casey-MSF#133889
    2011 RT

Gerbing Customer Service

I called today to see about my size Medium vest that has been on back order since 8/29/12.
    I did get right thru to a representative. They answered immediately.
    They did still show my order as backordered.
    She said a truck was coming in next week and again on Feb 1. They believe that a lot of the backorders will be in those shipments.
    She suggested calling back late next week to check the status again.
    Can't say I'm pleased it has taken more than 4 1/2 months for a vest that was ordered well before the "Season."
    Can say the current Customer service setup is efficient so at least we can now find out something about the status.
    Still waiting.
    Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

I personally have never had any issues with Gerbings and have been an evangelist for them pretty much since the company started. I still have and love their products. I have never had any of the problems I read about here - and elsewhere.

That said, I would have canceled that order long ago. 4 1/2 months is an unacceptable backorder time for heated gear - especially so when the order was placed during the height of the summer season.
    Nom de Plume:
    Steve Aikens, Clovis, NM
    BMW MOA #6218
    IBA# 442

[QUOTE=jaherbst;850640]
    Quote Originally Posted by R1100rtP View Post

FYI Karol works for Gerbing in sales

Jack
    You're right, Jack...hence the "Gerbings Hat"
    I'm the Central Region Dealer Rep.

As a member of BMW MOA I was pointed to the forum to address the concerns of the lack of Customer Service. That's changing. Tom's working on it, and it IS changing.

Jack Herbst
    [QUOTE=R1100rtP;851215]
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post

You're right, Jack...hence the "Gerbings Hat"
    I'm the Central Region Dealer Rep.

As a member of BMW MOA I was pointed to the forum to address the concerns of the lack of Customer Service. That's changing. Tom's working on it, and it IS changing.
    I certainly hope so for everyones concern. Mine was a bad experiance and I am not alone. We would all like to see this company get turned around before it is too late.

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Las
    Rather than wait, may I recommend Powerlet's "Rapid Fire" heated gear. I have their jacket liner and remote dual controller. I also have their glove liners; this, after being a Gerbings user for many years. My experience has been very positive. The linerer is less bulky than Gerbings and better made. It provides more freedom of movement under my Revit jacket with its thermal liner replaced with the Powerlet liner; and it provided better, more evenly distributed heat than my Gerbings liners of recent vintage.. The remote controller works flawlessly. It is inconspicuous on my handlebar and makes hook up easy. Not to worry about batteries dying: the battery is in use only for the short time that I make an adjustment to the last setting. It lasts well over a season of a daily 85 miles commute in the NE US. If it were to die, the setting would default to 30% power; not warm enough for a long ride in 10 degree weather, but warm enough for anything in the 30's and up or for a short ride to buy two AA batteries.
    The glove liners are thin enough to wear inside my Lee Paks Gloves and require far less power to heat my hands in the worst conditions than my Gerbings g3 gloves. Because the Gerbings gloves alone are easier to put on than the Powerlet liner under the Lee Parks, I often just go to the Gerbings. On my way to the NY Motorcycle show two days ago, my left glove stopped heating ( less than one season on it). Gerbings was an exhibitor at the show. I asked if they would swap out the glove there under the lifetime guarantee. No, I was told. Mail the glove to Gerbings- my expense- and they will send me a replacement in 3-4 weeks. REALLY! 3-4 weeks. Good thing I have my Powerlet liners. So, by lifetime guarantee, I guess they mean it will be a lifetime before they will honor it.
    By contrast, a Powerlet to cig lighter adaptor that I had as part of a Powerlet outlet to USB outlet for charging my cell phone in an emergency broke. I called Powerlet and they overnighted the part and also another USB adaptor no charge- no need to return the broken part- shipping on them. I couldn't be happier with my Powerlet heated gear. If Gerbings ever gets its act together again, I will be hard pressed to return to them as a customer.
    Ps. I bought two riding buddies Powerlet remote controllers as Christmas gifts; one commutes further than than me with Gerbings liners top and bottom and Gerbings gloves. The other has Gerbings pants, jacket and gloves and also commutes daily by bike. The Powerlet gear is fully compatible with Getbings. They both have given up their Gerbings wired controllers for the remote and love its ease of use.
    Las
    2012 R12r Classic

Gerbing Customer Support = Black Hole

I recently switched as well. Couldn't be happier. I continue to pull for an American manufacturer, but ........
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Black Hole?

Ordered my Medium Vest August 29. It came today. What Black Hole?
    Tom Baker
    2009 BMW R1200RT
    1970 Triumph Bonneville

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by tkbaker4 View Post
    Ordered my Medium Vest August 29. It came today. What Black Hole?
    Five months to receive an order is a long time. I would not have had the patience.

Is the Jacket made in the USA?

I believe the controllers will still be made in China as told to me by Tom Nolan. I wish they were made in the USA also.

I hope your new Jacket and controller work fine. Mine had issues.

Jack