Thread: Tank Bag

Hybrid View

Tank Bag

Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, I just bought a new 2013 GS 1200 Adventure and I had most of the farkles that I wanted added on when I bought it from Gateway BMW, the only thing I didnt get was a good tank bag Im looking for one I can use for extensive traveling on long trips! I would like to hear some pros and cons of your tank bags, make, size, durability, pictures, and what not so I can decide on what to get thanks and again I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by dogmoon View Post
    Hello everyone and Merry Christmas, I just bought a new 2013 GS 1200 Adventure and I had most of the farkles that I wanted added on when I bought it from Gateway BMW, the only thing I didnt get was a good tank bag Im looking for one I can use for extensive traveling on long trips! I would like to hear some pros and cons of your tank bags, make, size, durability, pictures, and what not so I can decide on what to get thanks and again I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
    Merry Christmas back at you.

Check out the Wolfman line of tank bags. I never have heard anything bad about their tank bags. Ever. They have other things that a GS rider might find a need for.

Have a safe riding year for 2013.

-Lynn
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Cool

I've got a Wolfman tank bag that I bought to use on my Klr.....when I bought the Beemer, I moved the Wolfman bag to it....lots of room and it fits great...quality product!

WolfMan

Plus 1 on the Wolf Man bags. They seem to be made for the Tall Slanted tanks of the Adventure bikes. I used the big one on a V-Strom for a turn to Alaska and back.
    Harold In Kansas
    1985 K100RT Bullit
    1985 K100XX/EML Bemel

On my bike I use the BMW tank bag, because it needs no cover to handle rain, it is waterproof. By the time you cover any other tank bag in a sudden downpour, your bag and its enclosures are soaked in another bag.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

My Wunderlich bag is a true friend!

Tank Bag

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    On my bike I use the BMW tank bag, because it needs no cover to handle rain, it is waterproof. By the time you cover any other tank bag in a sudden downpour, your bag and its enclosures are soaked in another bag.
    Thanks Jordan I will check into the BMW Bags!

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    GS Tankbags MUST be waterproof - Wolfman bags are excellent and waterproof as advertised.