Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Harmonizer

I must have one of the last of the prior bunch!
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Still a learning newbie !

I feel your pain

Quote Originally Posted by KS KURMUDGEON View Post
    Grok won't have any more until January 15 th. I shoulda ordered one.
    I missed sell outs 2 times IIRC before I got my order in. Relax and wait it out. It will be worth the wait.
    I even bookmarked the 1st page of Grok's post to check when the resupply date came near.

JohnWC
    [QUOTE=He doesn't do preorders so you need to order when they become available. [/QUOTE]

As I said in my first reply to this thread, it's not the easiest tool to lay your hands on.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ-J View Post
    I must have one of the last of the prior bunch!
    I ordered mine about two weeks ago and got it a few days later.....looking forward to finally using it!

In the event you did not know...

...the Harmonizer's are available and on sale again. The sale began on 8 March and they are going like hot cakes. I got mine, finally.

Good luck.

Scot

Ordered!

I kept watch for when they became available and ordered one.

Used It Today!

I've had a Twinmax for a couple seasons and it works fine.

But I decided to give the Harmonizer a try. It's a terrific product. Easy and intuitive to use with an RPM readout as part of the balancing display. Where the Twinmax needle wiggles at low rpm, the Harmonizer is steady.

My Twinmax is in the Fleamarket at a good price for anyone interested.

Milump

Harmonizer

I bought a harmonizer on a recent production run and just had the opportunity to use it. Having used a twinmax for the last few years, I can say that this is a huge improvement. I am a fair mechanic and have a 2003 R1150RS that has always surged slightly even with a booster plug and a pretty much perfect valve adjustment.
    The harmonizer is easy to use and gives great feedback. After adjusting the throttle bodies with it, I have a completely surge free bike and also had the easiest time doing the adjustment that I have ever had.
    Best tool ever!

I got mine way back in the very early days.
    I had been informed about it when it was in R&D and could have got a tester beta model. However, I left that to those with greater ideas about the concept of the whole issue.
    I was impressed with the R&D & knowledge and use and testing that went into it. So I figured it would work good when it was generally available.
    It does.
    And I do not believe anyone ever had any complaint about it whatsoever, other than they are difficult to purchase, if your timing is not right.
    It's like the difference between an adding machine and a computer. Or perhaps an abacus and a computer.
    Once you get one you ain't never gonna go back.
    dc

JohnWC
    I was just going to start a new thread on this topic. But I will try this one. Again. The original question on this thread was 'Where do I buy one?'. I can't see on the three pages it has run to, that the question has yet to be answered. I see everyone loves the tool, I see they go in and out of production, I see people get them when they become available, but I what I don't see, is where people go to buy them. Yes, I checked the adventure rider forum that was posted here. Anyone checked that? There is about 50 lines of print, every spec for the tool, everything you would want to know about it, except... how to buy it. No email address, no regular address, no phone number. Nothing. I have spent a good deal of time "googling it" and still no address. For the sake of canceling out this whole discussion, anyone want to publish 'Groks' actual address, or some way to contact him? I might actually buy this tool if I can get that. Of course that probably depends heavily if Grok is in his garage whipping another batch up. Is there a tool of comparable quality that is made by an actual company, one that produces the item on a regular basis? It would be simpler. And yes, I already own a TwinMax.

Quote Originally Posted by JConway607 View Post
    I was just going to start a new thread on this topic. But I will try this one. Again. The original question on this thread was 'Where do I buy one?'. I can't see on the three pages it has run to, that the question has yet to be answered. I see everyone loves the tool, I see they go in and out of production, I see people get them when they become available, but I what I don't see, is where people go to buy them. Yes, I checked the adventure rider forum that was posted here. Anyone checked that? There is about 50 lines of print, every spec for the tool, everything you would want to know about it, except... how to buy it. No email address, no regular address, no phone number. Nothing. I have spent a good deal of time "googling it" and still no address. For the sake of canceling out this whole discussion, anyone want to publish 'Groks' actual address, or some way to contact him? I might actually buy this tool if I can get that. Of course that probably depends heavily if Grok is in his garage whipping another batch up. Is there a tool of comparable quality that is made by an actual company, one that produces the item on a regular basis? It would be simpler. And yes, I already own a TwinMax.
    Not too hard to find...................
    http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post21222388

you are going to have to wait, but trust me it's worth waiting for.
    Best sync tool I have ever used hands down.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

JohnWC
    [QUOTE=GSAddict;871691]Not too hard to find...................

Thanks for the effort, but that posting does not give you his address, email, phone, etc. I assume you mean the 8th posting down from the top. Again, the guy gives out a lot of information, but not any way to contact him. Here's an idea: since a lot of people seem to own these devices, how about someone who has one looking at the box in came in, or the paperwork, and posting his address. People in the Adv forum would probably like it also.
    But I thought I saw on that posting that he is selling his house due to a "domestic settlement." Could be a while before he is able to produce these again.

[QUOTE=JConway607;871730]
    Quote Originally Posted by GSAddict View Post
    Not too hard to find...................

Thanks for the effort, but that posting does not give you his address, email, phone, etc. I assume you mean the 8th posting down from the top. Again, the guy gives out a lot of information, but not any way to contact him. Here's an idea: since a lot of people seem to own these devices, how about someone who has one looking at the box in came in, or the paperwork, and posting his address. People in the Adv forum would probably like it also.
    But I thought I saw on that posting that he is selling his house due to a "domestic settlement." Could be a while before he is able to produce these again.
    His only outlet is on ADV, standby like everyone else. It's worth the wait
    When he is producing product he is very good at communicating and quickly shipping.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

The link seems to work fine for me.
    It says see the first post, and subscribe to this thread.
    If you do that, you will see Sold Out; Expect to have more first of June.
    So you must wait.
    If I recall correctly he did not want to be contacted a lot, perhaps he is like a mad scientist. Or just takes his time til he goes back to work on them. I suppose that he may have some other life than these things.
    I suppose he might want to avoid all the simple questions, the questions answered by the thread, and the no doubt countless contacts he gets offering to sell him things, etc.
    There is nothing like this device.
    And there probably never will be, tho' the fabulous and famous GS911 does come close. This is not the type of thing you go down to Home Depot and buy with a screwdriver or two.
    So many of the Adv guys are total geeks and groks themself, and so this thing must be good just based on the idea that if 8000 of them think it's manna from on high, it may be.
    Patience.
    dc

The unit works that well. Wait until June.
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog