Thread: Copy and Paste

Copy and Paste

When using Internet Explorer on another VB site I can copy and paste pictures.
    I have never been able to use that function on this site and figured it was because of the old version of VB.
    Now with the upgrade to the latest version of VB I see I still can not copy and paste and have to use img tags.
    Is the copy and paste function disabled for some reason?
    I do realize I have to copy the picture from a photo sharing site or copy from the internet.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I've never heard of the feature you mention on any website that I visit. On this site it has always been IMG tags or paste the URL for the image.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    I've never heard of the feature you mention on any website that I visit. On this site it has always been IMG tags or paste the URL for the image.
    It's really handy and fast. Works on I-BMW and ADVrider. I-BMW uses VB version 3.5.4
    It works with Internet Explorer but not Google Crome.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    When using Internet Explorer on another VB site I can copy and paste pictures.
    I have never been able to use that function on this site and figured it was because of the old version of VB.
    Now with the upgrade to the latest version of VB I see I still can not copy and paste and have to use img tags.
    Is the copy and paste function disabled for some reason?
    I do realize I have to copy the picture from a photo sharing site or copy from the internet.
    If you go into the "reply/editor" mode, I think you can do the full copy and paste. If you get a chance Lee, give it a whirl and see if I understood your question correctly and it worked out. Thanks, Gary
    ps. I don't think if it's an attached image you can move that without saving it to your own computer and re-posting. An attached image sorta stays with the original poster.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    I don't think if it's an attached image you can move that without saving it to your own computer and re-posting. An attached image sorta stays with the original poster.
    That's correct.

I tried to copy and paste a picture when I replied and also tried edit and did not have any luck.
    I'll play with it more later.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    If you get a chance Lee, give it a whirl and see if I understood your question correctly and it worked out. .
    Basically it's the same as copying a file from one folder on your computer and then pasting the file into another folder.

You find your picture in a photo sharing site or a picture on the web, right click on the picture and select "copy"
    Go you your post and left click where you want the picture, then right click and select "paste"
    This is using a Windows computer and Internet Explorer.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878

Lee -

I've done some looking and don't see anything that describes the feature you mention. Everything must be done by uploading either from your computer or from a URL. I'm probably missing something, but direct cut-n-pasting doesn't seem to be a feature that I'm aware of. Not to say it isn't there, but it's not very obvious to me.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Lee -

I've done some looking and don't see anything that describes the feature you mention. Everything must be done by uploading either from your computer or from a URL. I'm probably missing something, but direct cut-n-pasting doesn't seem to be a feature that I'm aware of. Not to say it isn't there, but it's not very obvious to me.
    I looked at the VB forum, did a search, and did not see this feature mentioned. I'll check with one of the admins on I-BMW and see if this feature had to be added. If it's an easy add on, I'll let you know. Keep in mind with Christmas I may not get an answer for a few days.

Copying the properties and adding img tags is not a big deal, but you just can't beat copy and paste
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878