Thread: Fontana Weekend

Hybrid View

Fontana Weekend

Anyone from VA / northern NC planning on attending the Fontana Lake weekend? Just checking for riding partners. It s about time i meet some of y'all.

We'll be there from Alabama and look forward to seeing you there! We visited the resort last September scouting it out for this event and this is a very nice place located in the middle of a riding area that can only be described as fantastic!

See you there!
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Thanks Vance. I am only about 4 hours away so it would be a shame to miss it. A few locals and i are planning on a end to end ride on the BRP over Memorial day weekend so i ve already got one trip in the works for 2013. Hopefully a couple of the Richmond or Raleigh crowd will respond they are going. Just to give me some company.
    Do these things book up quickly? I dont want to wait too long. I will most likely be camping since the wife will not be making this trip.
    My only potential problem will be when my new grandbaby will be arriving. As long as she doesnt decide to be late i think ill be in.

ha..ha I understand. We hope to see you there. As for booking up, I do expect this to book quickly! Once registration opens, I would get in! If you are planning to camp there should not be a problem in case you have to cancel. There is a cancellation policy for the rooms at the lodge (not an MOA policy). That will be explained by the hotel at the time of booking. I do not think that will apply to campsites.
    Vance Harrelson
    MOA Ambassador/ Director
    R1200GSA - G450X - G650GS Sertao
    "Always Remember, Whatever You Believe, You Might Be Wrong" - Paul Thorn

Rally Rat
    When does the booking begin or have I missed it? I've read the info on the events page but I don't see any dates to book nor anything stating it's booked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadgetech View Post
    When does the booking begin or have I missed it? I've read the info on the events page but I don't see any dates to book nor anything stating it's booked up.
    From web page:

Book your Weekend Getaway now, as space is limited and we anticipate this Weekend Getaway will sell out quickly. Book online at http://www.bmwmoa.org or call the MOA office directly at 636-394-7277.

For accommodations information and to make your room reservations, contact the resort directly at 828-498-2211 and be sure to mention our Group Code BMW MOA. More information on the resort can be found at their website, http://www.fontanavillage.com.

Hope this helps!
    2011 R1200 GSA (My Radio Flyer)
    75 R90/6 with Velorex sidecar

" Oh Lord I pray, Let me live long enough to do everything they say I've done"