Thread: 2013 R1200RT Sirius radio questions

chris@cburtis.com

2013 R1200RT Sirius radio questions

First post here so please be gentle
    I purchased a 2013 R1200RT about 2 months ago, great bike!!!! I decided to also purchase the BMW helmet communication system. Everything is working well, AM/FM, IPOD but when listening to Sirius radio it is very distorted. It sounds over driven even at low volumes. Are there any adjustments for this?
    Also, I find when I first turn on the bike, Sirius is always in preview mode no matter what channel I am on. Change the channel and it starts working. I am still on the free 1 year subscription which may be the issue. Thoughts?
    Thanks in advance for the help!
    Chris

Rally Rat

RE: 2013 R1200RT Sirius radio questions

I'm not sure about the distortion problem, mine does always start in preview mode however.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

chris@cburtis.com

RE: 2013 R1200RT Sirius radio questions

Gadgetech,
    Thanks for the help!! Good to know thatÔÇÖs ÔÇ£normalÔÇØ. Still trying to figure out the distortion. Thought I might have flipped on the loudness setting but nope. Will keep looking.
    Thanks again!
    Chris

Rider on Ramald
    Quote Originally Posted by cburtis View Post
    but when listening to Sirius radio it is very distorted.
    Did you turn down the bass boost? I have found the bluetooth to be very bad when you don't have the bass turned down to -5 or so...

chris@cburtis.com
    IDisposable,
    I have not and will try that next. The odd thing is that Ipod and FM radio sound OK.
    Will give it a try. Thanks!
    Chris

BTW, if anyone is interested and given IDisposableÔÇÖs name, I am using an Iphone5 with the Apple lightning to 30pin adaptor into the BMW apple adaptor. Seems like a pile of adaptors but it works fine. Also, I use Itunes match. The BMW audio system will only ÔÇ£seeÔÇØ music which has been physically downloaded to the Iphone. Make sense. It works well for me as I can add music on the fly while eating lunch or whatever.