Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flea Market no access?

Thumbs down Flea Market no access?

I click on FM and get this:

Apache/2.2.3 (Red Hat) Server at www.bmwmoa.org Port 80
    "...the burble of my exhaust unwound like a long cord behind me. Soon my speed snapped it, and I heard only the cry of the wind...." Larry of Arubia

Yes, the Flea Market is currently not available. The FM has always been a special add-on to the VBulletin package, so the upgrade has left it off. We're discussing ways of incorporating the FM maybe within the forum itself, but with restricted access. So, we're thinking about it but haven't implemented anything just yet.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

hope it comes back soon

miss the flea market hope see it again soon

Miss the Market

I love the Flea Market and recently bought an MOA member's motorcycle listed exclusively in the Flea Market. It's also fun to brouse. Please bring it back....

Quote Originally Posted by Bronson View Post
    miss the flea market hope see it again soon
    Quote Originally Posted by foyabbott View Post
    I love the Flea Market and recently bought an MOA member's motorcycle listed exclusively in the Flea Market. It's also fun to brouse. Please bring it back....
    Hi guys, welcome to the forum. Everybody is working hard to get things running again. Thanks for your patience. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    Yes, the Flea Market is currently not available. The FM has always been a special add-on to the VBulletin package, so the upgrade has left it off. We're discussing ways of incorporating the FM maybe within the forum itself, but with restricted access. So, we're thinking about it but haven't implemented anything just yet.
    I guess I don't understand. advrider runs an older version of v-bulletin with no hacking issues and has a nice member only flea market. I don't see a reason for a separate flea market add-on, a restricted section of the forum is what most other forums use and works fine.

k12lts -

All I know is that the Flea Market has always been a separate package every since I've been on this forum. I don't recall the rationale behind that, but that has been the norm to this point. It may not be going forward.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Cool

Missing the flea market as well.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    k12lts -

All I know is that the Flea Market has always been a separate package every since I've been on this forum. I don't recall the rationale behind that, but that has been the norm to this point. It may not be going forward.
    I appreciate all the work done by volunteer moderators and administrators on the fourm, I consider the forum and the flea market a very valuable benefit of my membership.

I see no reason to try to get an add-on package to work when a member only flea market could be easily set up in the existing forums right away. I probably spend as much time browsing the flea market as I do in the other forums. The print classifieds in the ON are an idea that has out-lived it's usefullness. I want to see what I guy has for sale today, not an ad he sent in six weeks ago. That page space could be used for something else.

k12lts -

I think the big hurdle is getting all of the existing information from the Flea Market in a format suitable for the forum. It's all about databases...right now they're not compatible. I've asked the builder of the old Flea Market to provide some ideas/direction for doing that. I would like to maintain the old categories - bikes, accessories, gear - and have a single post for each ad. Then there's the issues with pictures that were included.

So, there are some issues that need to be solved.

I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with just nuking the old ads and starting fresh in the new format. If an item hasn't sold in a week the ad needs bumped anyway, just re-submit to the new forum.

Ya, other links not working too. Not just Flea Market
    One toke over the line

Quote Originally Posted by BOOGER MAN View Post
    Ya, other links not working too. Not just Flea Market
    Could you point out the links? So far, most everything that I've been looking at seems to be working.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by k12lts View Post
    I can't speak for everyone but I wouldn't have a problem with just nuking the old ads and starting fresh in the new format. If an item hasn't sold in a week the ad needs bumped anyway, just re-submit to the new forum.
    Push the button man! Nuke it!
    MOA #107139
    RA #28511
    YB #2005

Quote Originally Posted by AZgman View Post
    Push the button man! Nuke it!
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program