Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Scooter seat

Rode up and got the seat yesterday and then rode home on it. All I can say is, whoa, what a difference. I went from being fairly uncomfortable after an hour even wearing bike shorts to riding all the way home only stopping for gas once and to use the restroom, maybe scootching around once or twice, in 250 miles. Like night and day.

They also modified my seat further for my comfort after I sat on it, based on different riding positions, to increase the size of the backrest slightly so that it actually provides a little more support when I'm leaning back. I highly recommend the ride-in process for those who can do it, not only was the process and tour very cool, but I got to go ride over and do the tour at the Shasta Lake Dam & hydroelectric plant, etc.

The legs all the way forward position is now the preferred position I think, for me, and completely comfortable, I am confident I will have no problem riding back and forth to L.A. on the bike now.

I took just a few photos while I was there, showing what the seats look like under the covers including the foam they insert to adjust size in each direction, the spring they use (without the bar in it), and my seat before the cover was put on (first one in the sequence below). I'll take a pic or two of the finished bike tomorrow and post that up as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Put another 140 miles on today and man, I love this seat. Now all I need is a cruise control, and maybe some heated clothing and/or supplemental lights, and this thing will be pretty much the ultimate touring machine.

Note that I did not have them build up the passenger portion but they easily could have done that without changing the rider seat/position at all. The used the stock backrest but built up above & around it to give a bit more back support, with the side effect of losing adjustability by virtue of the build up and covering around it (though I imagine I could have had them leave it adjustable if I'd thought this was necessary or a good idea).

They say 500-1000 miles of break-in of the seat is necessary but for my own part, it's already the best motorcycle seat I've ever been on hands down, I wish I'd known to go to these guys with previous bikes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jack Herbst
    So how much did this all cost? Was it more than the scooter?
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Jeff Wilson life member
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminsf View Post

I took just a few photos while I was there, showing what the seats look like under the covers including the foam they insert to adjust size in each direction, the spring they use (without the bar in it), and my seat before the cover was put on (first one in the sequence below). I'll take a pic or two of the finished bike tomorrow and post that up as well.
    In your pictures it looks as though you had a heated seat switch for the back seat, did you have heated seats? If so did they replace the heated seat pads back on the seat.

I had a day long saddle on my old k75T and yes I rode all day long with many 1000 mile days under me.
    Jeff
    A bad day on the C650 GT scooter is better than the best day at work

The seat was $737.50 including the charge for the ride-in service and for retaining the stock heated seat setup - they use the existing heat setup for both the rider and passenger seats and it still gets toasty warm (I used it on the way home!).

gregbenner
    Quote Originally Posted by jiminsf View Post
    The seat was $737.50 including the charge for the ride-in service and for retaining the stock heated seat setup - they use the existing heat setup for both the rider and passenger seats and it still gets toasty warm (I used it on the way home!).
    That seems pretty reasonable for a Russell. I don't really care for the looks of the day long, but they sure are comfortable!

I am recovering from a badly broken leg (bicycle), but hope to get a CGT in a few months. I test rode one last october, seat was too high for me. Plan to test ride one with the shoter seat this summer.

Yeah, it wasn't too bad, price-wise, esp. given the ride-in service and customization. And since you mention height, I know on some bikes some people have had issues with height using Russell saddles, but AFAIC, this is not an issue at all on the C650GT. I have a 29-30" inseam and can still ride comfortably in Five Fingers or other super thin soled shoes.

Hope your leg heals up well and fast! I broke a couple of ribs, woke up with a cracked helmet bleeding profusely, and otherwise messed myself up pretty good on the bicycle in October of 2011 and it kept me out of the saddle for a while. Get back on there.