Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Every page gets me a filter screen

Every page gets me a filter screen

Every page I navigate to in the forum, basically the threads, gives me a filter screen. This computer is set up via a corporate standard & doesn't have problems navigating to other sites, or this one most of the time. THis is the warning I get:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    John.

John -

Never seen that before. We have been having some troublesome virus issuse which is being worked. Do you suppose the corporate side of the system senses the problem with the MOA forum and redirects you to this page?
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Yes - that is their system or in-house block for hazardous sites.

This is detecting something on the MOA Forum. It doesn't say what it is but I bet their IT guys could tell if they looked.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

John
    I don't know if it is the same problem or not, but for the last couple of days, when I click on the "back" arrow on my browser I get "navigation to web page cancelled". I close the warning and the page I want is present. This started a couple of days ago.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
    I don't know if it is the same problem or not, but for the last couple of days, when I click on the "back" arrow on my browser I get "navigation to web page cancelled". I close the warning and the page I want is present. This started a couple of days ago.
    John
    Now I know I'm nuts because of your post. The past few days I could swear I clicked the back arrow but always needed to click a 2nd time.
    Chris Ehlbeck
    BMWMOA 168990
    Chris & Donna's Motorcycle Journeys

Google is blocking as well.
    '
    Ufda happens..........

It's all about the details.

I forced my Chrome Browser to load this site. It seems that the something posted from www DOT westend DOT asia is the cause of the problem. I have no idea what this means but that is what the warning message is telling me.

I hope my Mac doesn't blow up now.

Yesterday, Microsoft Essentials stopped me from going to this site from my home computer. Something is going on...
    John.

Google Chrome identifies this website is infected with Malware from Australia, and let me proceed "At My Own Risk".
    My bike shown here
    Jordan M, MOA #24434
    My Blog

Yep there is definitely a problem with the MOA forum. My Kaspersky anti-virus at work blocks access and so does my home computer. I'm only able to access it now using Tapatalk on my iPhone. I notified MOA about this yesterday but have not received a reply.
    Mark M, St. Louis, '95 R1100RS, '01 Super Sherpa
    There are two roads in life; the twisty one is vastly more fun.

Day Dreaming ... happy wanderer's Avatar

It's Back!

Well not sure why but if I try to access www.bmwmoa.org I still see the down for maintenance message.
    But as you can see I'm in! I was doing a find "MOA" over on ADV and somehow Firefox redirected me here.
    Fancy new look. No Flea Market yet but maybe it's in the new menu setup.
    Last edited by Happy Wanderer; 12-19-2012 at 06:55 PM.
    MJM - BeeCeeBeemers Motorcycle Club Vancouver B.C.
    '81 R80G/S, '82 R100RS, '00 R1100RT

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Wanderer View Post
    Well not sure why but if I try to access www.moa.org I still see the down for maintenance message.
    But as you can see I'm in! I was doing a find "MOA" over on ADV and somehow Firefox redirected me here.
    Fancy new look. No Flea Market yet but maybe it's in the new menu setup.
    A lot of work has gone on in the past few days. It will take a few more to get this new version of VB running smooth. Thanks for all the hard work in the background, thanks to the members for their patience.
    The Mod Team.
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

We shall see how long it takes bmwmoa.;org to get UN-Blocked ???
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....

Quote Originally Posted by breyfogle View Post
    We shall see how long it takes bmwmoa.;org to get UN-Blocked ???
    I'm not sure where you are showing it blocked. The guys at the office did a great, quick job of getting the BMW MOA forum off the "this site may harm your computer" black-list. I just checked with a Google search and we're lookin' good. OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

I have not checked today (Thurs,12/20) and things could be changing but yesterday my employer's corporate IT (using some form of McAFee) still had bmwmoa.org blocked. I'm guessing here that large corporate customers probably rely on direct notification of malware sites in addition to actually having to detect virii themselves.

At home on Mac equipment, things appear fine. Good job !!
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....