Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Is THIS "Retro" enough for ya?

Quote Originally Posted by RoboRider View Post
    I'm not going to leave you hanging out there in the cold alone....

I too don't get the tires. They do look cool, but don't seem to fit from a usage point of view.

Thanks!

They are cool. just ask any TW200 owner!

14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Thumbs up

One of the best naked look BMW customs I've seen. RIDE SAFE
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

This is what the cruiser *should* have been.... and word is that bikes like this are going into production....

More images here....

(soon BMW will figure out that the pinstripes they had on the /2s were cool....)

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    This is what the cruiser *should* have been.... and word is that bikes like this are going into production....

Ian
    The exhaust looks like a styling exercise because the headers are *way* different lengths. Sort of a BMW Speed Triple look.

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    I'm sorry but to my eye it looks like the worst from BMW and HarleyÔÇÖs Fat Boy combined into one. What's the deal with the wide dual sport rear tire on the front? I see the AFC (anti fender coalition) got their way again.
    I see fenders...

And a wide dual sport tire looks pretty good on that bike to me. Bring it on!
    Steve Henson
    SABMWRA MOA Club#62's Flat Fixer/ current forum moderator
    It's not the breaths you take, but the moments that take your breath away-D.Dillon/G. Strait

Referring to the bike in the original post, it doesn't seem that far from this to me

less practical air filtration and a USD fork instead of the telelever combined with an odd tire size combo.

Seems you could build a GS (non-A) with spoke wheels from the GSA and R Classic bodywork and you'd be at the modern classic people are asking for without the smaller front wheel and inner tubes from the R1200R Classic. The only thing you'd probably need to tool up is a new front fender for the front and maybe a rounder tank. Add some pinstripes and you'd have a R1200 that you could just leave all the extra letters off of.

The exhaust looks like a styling exercise because the headers are *way* different lengths. Sort of a BMW Speed Triple look.
    They could be equal length depending on aht is going on behind the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by rxcrider View Post
    They could be equal length depending on aht is going on behind the seat.
    Yes... there's a second exhaust outlet, and the two look like they're connected by some sort of collector.

From what I've seen and read about these bikes, it appears you'll be able to mix 'n match various things on the bike to customize. It would not surprise me at all if you could do this on-line and then have the bike built the way you spec. Which would be cool.

There is a 90th anniversary bike coming in the next couple of months. It could very well be the first in a line of bikes like these.

Ian

Add another "poser machine" ,aka another ruined MC to the list. Should sell well with the pseudo/macho crowd running around in poser army hats & poser boots & poser shirts,etc.. Yeh, I agree 1,000,000 % that its got "Arnold S." written all over it! Is he not the "supremo poser" of all time? Or maybe we should mention Rambo as our macho biker candidate for that machine?
    P.S. Yes, it's true what you heard about my not being cool with chopping vintage machines, so @ least in this case it's more recent & therefore reproducible & thus a "do a mfg/dealer a favor bike" for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Yes... there's a second exhaust outlet, and the two look like they're connected by some sort of collector.

Ian

OK, I guess somehow. But I still see the headers as anything but equal length.

Here's the one I'd go for.... the headers are equal length on this one!

Cool

I would buy one or many of these awesome BMW's! Build it and we will buy. :-)