Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 Georgia Mountain Rally info ???

Quote Originally Posted by subagon;842794
    The URL I had for the website was wrong. Goolge "Georgia Mountain Rally" and you get www.bmwmoga".INFO". Wrong!. It's [url
    www.bmwmoga.ORG[/url], not ".info". Even this post on BMWMOA has the wrong URL.
    .info, .org, and .com all work.

Rally is always the first weekend with a May date in it. The following weekend is always Mothers Day.

We'll probably hold the rally, but like many other clubs, we're having some volunteer burnout.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

2013 Georgia Mountain Rally info ???

Ian,
    I have been for several years in a row. Your club puts on an awesome show.
    I sensed the burnout last year. A couple of suggestions:
    1) do less. I would still come. Skip Saturday night meal, just provide a fire.
    2) skip the silent auction, just ask each vendor to give away stuff, ticket drop at their booth. They run it, not you. Plus gets folks to their booth.
    3) raise the price $10 and hire some kids to do some of the grunt work. I would still come.

In watching members, I think they were almost too good and now can't sustain the energy.

Best of luck to bmwoga, it'll be fun no matter what. We come to these things for the ride and the camaraderie.

Hope it comes together for this year.

Lynn
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Thumbs up Gmr

Quote Originally Posted by lbarbee View Post
    Ian,
    I have been for several years in a row. Your club puts on an awesome show.
    I sensed the burnout last year. A couple of suggestions:
    1) do less. I would still come. Skip Saturday night meal, just provide a fire.
    2) skip the silent auction, just ask each vendor to give away stuff, ticket drop at their booth. They run it, not you. Plus gets folks to their booth.
    3) raise the price $10 and hire some kids to do some of the grunt work. I would still come.

In watching members, I think they were almost too good and now can't sustain the energy.

Best of luck to bmwoga, it'll be fun no matter what. We come to these things for the ride and the camaraderie.

Hope it comes together for this year.

Lynn
    +1 I will come for the camraderie, location, and access to the great local roads in GA & TN.
    Cave Contents: 1980 R100RT/Ural Sidecar, 2004 R1200CLC, 2006 HD FSXTI
    Ride Safe

The website now shows the rally is the may 3 - may 5. No details yet.
    Lynn
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Glad

I had heard there would be no GMR due to 'no younger membership' helping the older membership with the event. Happy to hear that it's worked out!

Quote Originally Posted by mariettaman29661 View Post
    I had heard there would be no GMR due to 'no younger membership' helping the older membership with the event. Happy to hear that it's worked out!
    Younger, older....hey, we're not choosy!

We're still looking for volunteers, if you're interested.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Registration Open for 2013 Georgia Mountain Rally

Registration in now open for the 2013 Georgia Mountain Rally.

The BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia returns to the highly acclaimed Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds site in Hiawassee (N34 57.919 W83 46.346) over the weekend of Friday, May 3rd to Sunday May 5th, 2013.

Lots of information at the online registration page (see below).

Notable changes this year focus on this exciting array of winner-takes-all prize draws:

• $400 Value Prize Early Registration Draw ÔÇô EVERYONE who registers for the rally online or via mail postmarked before Saturday April 13, 2013, qualifies.
    • $400 Value Prize Grand Draw ÔÇô EVERYONE registered for the rally qualifies.
    • $400 Value Prize Members Only Draw ÔÇô All BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia members qualify (must be present to win).

REGISTER ONLINE TO ATTEND HERE

Vendors wishing to book space in the Vendor Village can also register online. Vendors slots are FREE, but the number of slots is finite.

VENDORS REGISTER ONLINE FOR SPACE HERE

Question go to the Rallymeister at rallymeister@bmwmoga.info
    Last edited by R100RT_Mark; 02-01-2013 at 12:39 PM. Reason: typo corrected
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

Hey, maybe you can't make it to the MOA's Weekend Getaway. The Georgia Mountain Rally is the following weekend.

I'll be leading a dualsport ride at the Weekend Getaway, and if there is enough interest, I might do the same at the GMR... it's been years since I've done that.

Quote Originally Posted by Visian View Post
    Hey, maybe you can't make it to the MOA's Weekend Getaway. The Georgia Mountain Rally is the following weekend.

I'll be leading a dualsport ride at the Weekend Getaway, and if there is enough interest, I might do the same at the GMR... it's been years since I've done that.
    I've been doing some off road riding on my LT lately but I don't think I can keep up with your dual sport bikes. It took me over two hours to get most of the mud off after last Sunday's ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave
    2004 Black LT
    2000 Canyon Red LT
    The Only Vehicles I Own

Outstanding!

Georgia Mountain Rally Update

Thanks to the support of BMW Motorcycles of Atlanta, the BMW Motorcycle Club of Georgia has been able to bump up the value of its Grand Draw Price to $600 at this yearÔÇÖs Georgia Mountain Rally. Even more reason to consider making the event this May 3 through 5. For more details, follow this link HERE.
    Last edited by R100RT_Mark; 03-07-2013 at 02:43 AM.
    Mark

Current - '74 TR5T : '93 R100R : '06 ST3s ~ Past - Variety of British, French, Italian, Czechoslovakian, and German bikes from the '70s, '80s and '90s

Registration done. Should be fun.
    Lynn
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

will the SMARTrainer be there? what days and hours?

GMSP (Georgia Motorcycle Safety Program)will have a vendor booth at the rally. Those of you who know someone wanting to take a BRC - MSF rider course in Georgia; please stop by for information on all the training sites throughout the state of Georgia.

There is a link to the draft program near the top of this information/registration site: GMR Information, Program & Registration.

Note also that there is now an added Super Special Grand Prize - A Klim Latitude suit valued at $1,500. All registrants qualify for a free entry into this draw.
    Mark