Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: might be 'jap crap' but

Quote Originally Posted by Rad View Post

I am a big Honda fan, I have owned a few. Now the new Honda NC700X, that was a nice scoot at the show.

We've got one of those. What a wonderful machine.
    Too damn many bikes to list

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    I believe those bikes were always well known for their top notch quality.
    I think they (the new models) still are well known for excellent quality.
    dc
    Having owned Suzies and Hondas, train with them at MSF ranges, as well as Kaw's and Yamaha's, and watch the impressive Super Moto races every June at Road America, where I'm on staff - I'd say those 'Japs' stopped making motorcycle crap better than 20 years ago.
    Kevin Greenwald - MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    Motorcycle & High Performance Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

No longer a member here
    Quote Originally Posted by racer7 View Post
    Honda finally is getting its bike game running again ..

Don't put your money on it. Honda is lagging far behind today, when it comes to offering a large range of bikes for all interested in riding and getting some top-notch technology incorporated. I am a Honda fan too, and own six of them. They are all from an era when honda was the leader of the pack. Honda may be one of the best "small engine" manufacturers, but the implementation of what they can do into motorcycles has fallen behind. Still no reason to call it "Jap crap".
    I started riding in Germany when the Japanese bikes were state-of-the-art and changed the motorcycle world. There was NOTHING that compared to a Honda CB750 Four a Kawasaki H2 or Z1 or later a Yamaha XS1100, Suzuki GS1000S or Honda CBX.

Now, be honest guys: This new CB1100 retro is a bike for someone who has another bike already!! It is a bike for a Sunday morning ride, not for serious touring nor for spirited canyon carving. It brings back memories and is targeted to those who have them. Thus it has a limited sales potential due to a quick saturation of demand. Like the Volkswagen Beetle and the (BMW) Mini.