Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: auxiliary lights?

I like these Cyclops lights.

http://www.cyclopsadventuresports.co...roducts&id=182

Well made, good $ value, easy to install, great service.

Riding for the SON
    Quote Originally Posted by ROYBARNES View Post
    You might take a look at Clearwater lites.
    I like the Clearwater lite's as they are much lighter than some others, and mounted on the forks, you want the least amount of weight.

I was most noticed by other drivers when I owned my RT-P with PIAAs mounted ABOVE the mirrors on the mounts that usually hold the police red and blue front lights. No one ever turned in front of me. That gave me the widest separation of the lighting triangle that you are supposed to try to obtain.

I have ordered Denali lights for my present day civilian R1200RT. I am going to mount them on high on stalks using the unused mirror holes so they will be above the mirrors. I do understand that some states prohibit lights above the stock head light and some states have a 42, 44 or 48 inch height limit on lights but its worth the risk and really, who is going to bother an almost 60 yr old riding responsibly on a BMW for a non moving violation like that?

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    Quote Originally Posted by kthflieger View Post
    On the recommendation of my BMW shop, I checked out the Rigid Industries Dually D2 LED lights. Anything more than 4 LEDs per housing is exteme overkill. .............
    I got a set of these so others notice me, as I seldom ride at night, This spring I was riding with a few other bikes, one was the new R12GSH20 with the factory LED head light and optional LED driving lights, one was a R12ADV running last years BMW factory halogen aux lights, and one was running a set of Denali LED's.

We mixed our order throughout our rides, but all said the Rigid D2 were the most noticeable in there mirrors, regardless if the order in line, but also said they were not too bright either, never had any oncoming traffic flash me, indicating they were too bright.

Ordering a set for the wife's bike.
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010

fwiw, I just ordered these http://www.visionxusa.com/LED-Solsti...240/index.html for my F8GS. Had a bunch of positive feedback on them at ADVrider. I will mount them inboard, on my engine guards (at least that's the plan).
    Ride Safe, Ride Lots

WNY, Further fron NYC, than 6 entire states!
    digging up an old thread, but got a chance to take a pics of the wife's bike with and without the Rigid dually s. Again I was looking for OTHERS to see me, as I seldom ride at night. In real life the difference is staggering in the rear view mirror.

High beam only vs High beam and Rigid's about 1/4 miles away (note bike is CLOSER with high beam only)

final pic is at about 1/8 mile
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2010 F800GS Full Ohlins package, '04 R1100S Replika
    '01 F650GS Wife's bike
    Maritime Alps and Vosges 2012
    Tuscany and Central Italy 2010