Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: AAA and E 15 Fuels

  1. #1
    Swamp Fox GeneT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    350

    AAA and E 15 Fuels

    http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...ce-against-e15

    AAA being American Auto Assoc. and NMMA standing for National Marine Mgf. Assoc.

    Obviously only our government wants this stuff.
    Gene T

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneT View Post
    http://www.tradeonlytoday.com/home/5...ce-against-e15

    AAA being American Auto Assoc. and NMMA standing for National Marine Mgf. Assoc.

    Obviously only our government wants this stuff.
    The only reason the government wants it is because they are stupid. You learn this when you talk to your Congressman and Senators. Besides they don't mind paying for it with your money.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    252
    Quote Originally Posted by Acejones View Post
    The only reason the government wants it is because they are stupid. You learn this when you talk to your Congressman and Senators. Besides they don't mind paying for it with your money.
    The gov't wants it because the special interests, i.e. ADM, want it.
    1983 R100RS
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558

  4. #4
    Registered User arthurdent's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Nebraska
    Posts
    281
    Quote Originally Posted by Acejones View Post
    The only reason the government wants it is because they are stupid. You learn this when you talk to your Congressman and Senators. Besides they don't mind paying for it with your money.
    So much truth about so many things said here...

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by MARKAZ View Post
    The gov't wants it because the special interests, i.e. ADM, want it.
    That's part of the stupid part.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

  6. #6
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eastern KY
    Posts
    3,103
    collectively called "the lobby" which even in the absence of that $group$ you still have the stupidity thing going on... there, now we'll all go to the doghouse together! My excuse is it just started pouring rain here & I don't need to practice you know what...

  7. #7
    Benchwrenching PGlaves's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    "Big Bend" TX
    Posts
    8,482
    A recent Gallup poll asked whether people trusted or distrusted 50 different professions. Members of Congress came in 49th out of 50. Only used car salesmen came in lower at #50. Personally, I think Congress makes used car sales look like an admirable and honorable profession.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

  8. #8
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    1,054
    I know some Congressmen and I know some used car salesmen. I'll take the car guys any day ! At least when you buy from the car guys the end product has some semblance to what you thought you were buying.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    103
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    A recent Gallup poll asked whether people trusted or distrusted 50 different professions. Members of Congress came in 49th out of 50. Only used car salesmen came in lower at #50. Personally, I think Congress makes used car sales look like an admirable and honorable profession.
    Agreed. And the car guys don't pretend to be anything other than what they are.

    We are forced to use ethanol fuel because the producers have purchased the necessary number of members of congress.
    Howard Edwards

    2009 R1200GS; 1975 R75/6

  10. #10
    look out!!! Visian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    ATL/WNC
    Posts
    8,431
    Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    A recent Gallup poll asked whether people trusted or distrusted 50 different professions. Members of Congress came in 49th out of 50. Only used car salesmen came in lower at #50. Personally, I think Congress makes used car sales look like an admirable and honorable profession.
    Ha... it used to be advertising people second to last.

    Glad to see we're moving up in the world!

  11. #11
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Diamondhead, MS
    Posts
    1,054
    Quote Originally Posted by 20715 View Post
    Agreed. And the car guys don't pretend to be anything other than what they are.

    We are forced to use ethanol fuel because the producers have purchased the necessary number of members of congress.
    And the purchase price was cheap. Buying a US Congressman is like shopping at a dollar store.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

  12. #12
    Registered User argent brick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Wine Country, Northern California
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Acejones View Post
    And the purchase price was cheap. Buying a US Congressman is like shopping at a dollar store.
    Yeah, but you get what you pay for.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

  13. #13
    Registered User NavyCWO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    East Texas
    Posts
    122
    Yeah, and we have the best congress money can buy!

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Joplin, MO
    Posts
    908
    some famous politician long ago said there are 2 important things in politics, one is money and I forget the other.

    Rod

  15. #15
    Swamp Fox GeneT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    350
    14 negative comments, none positive, why is it these dudes are still in office?????????????
    Gene T

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •