Thread: Newbie question about searching forum

Question Newbie question about searching forum

When I search "headlight broken clip", I see posts that do NOT have the word "headlight" in them. How do I get the forum search engine to look for posts that have all three keywords somewhere in the thread?

Or am I doing it right and I just have to read hundreds of posts?

thanks,
    steve
    Steve Cottrell
    '69 R75/5 (why did I ever sell it?)
    '07 R1200RT

Quote Originally Posted by steve1200rt View Post
    When I search "headlight broken clip", I see posts that do NOT have the word "headlight" in them. How do I get the forum search engine to look for posts that have all three keywords somewhere in the thread?

Or am I doing it right and I just have to read hundreds of posts?

thanks,
    steve
    Welcome to the forum Steve. Yeah you have it right. Common words generate a lot to look through. You may have a better chance if you post your question in the Hexhead/Camhead section of the Tech forum. Again welcome, enjoy the forum. Gary
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Searching the forum

Thanks, Gary.

In the past hour or so, I've learned that a google search is more effective than a search in the BMWMOA forum. It sounds like the BMWMOA forum is incapable of doing a logical AND search of keywords; it can only do logical OR searches. If true, the BMWMOA forum won't be my "tool of choice" when I need to research a question.

btw . . . it's starting to appear that the $1.98 headlight spring clip that broke today, while replacing the bulb, will cost me $658.62 for the assy from the dealer! If so, I've done my last search for things BMW!

steve
    Steve Cottrell
    '69 R75/5 (why did I ever sell it?)
    '07 R1200RT

I am fairly sure that it will not turn out to be that much. I don t have a 1200rt, but i d like to. If you decide that the fix is too much money i ll give you 1200 dollars for that that defective bike... That's 1 dollar per cc. Just let me know.