Quote Originally Posted by cycleman2 View Post
I was just in my r75/6 a couple of weeks ago and the only screws are on the oil pump housing. Everything else is a bolt, be it on the clutch or the flywheel. So I'm not sure where these screws are.
I think the '70 R75/5 must be a holdover from the /2s. My '69 R69S has countersunk flathead screws. You're /6 has bolts. My /7 has allen head bolts. Being one of the first models after the /2s, seems likely that he would have screws.

And a small point...maybe I remembered this wrong... A bolt is a fastener that is held in place by a nut on the other end. A screw is a fastener that is held in place by its own threads. Are we talking about screws in this situation, just different heads?

From http://www.toolingu.com/definition-7...3252-bolt.html

bolt - An externally threaded, cylindrical fastener with a head at one end and a threaded blunt end at the other. Bolts are designed to fit into non-threaded holes to join parts and are assembled with a nut.

screw - An externally threaded, cylindrical fastener with a head and a threaded flat or pointed end opposite the head. Screws are designed either to fit into a threaded hole or form threads into material.