Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Pilots Here?

RETPD2001

Any Pilots Here?

Just curious.

Glenn in Tucson
    www.RVairspace.com

I have my private pilot, single engine and glider rating. Also my A&P and IA. I am the Service Manager of an FBO.

Don
    1975 R90/6, 1980 and 1982 R65, !959 TR3A Triumph Car

RETPD2001
    Quote Originally Posted by donbmw View Post
    I have my private pilot, single engine and glider rating. Also my A&P and IA. I am the Service Manager of an FBO.

Don
    Great, might be a fun thread to continue, if the moderators don't mind. BTW, I fly for PHI, headquarters near you in Lafayette.

ASEL, ASES, GLIDER, Instrument, Active aerobatic competitor flying a Pitts S2C. About 1800 hours TT.
    Wes Jones
    Annapolis, MD
    2012 K1600GT, Vermillion Red
    2013 S1000RR, Granite Gray

CMEL, PPSEL, IFR. Spouse is PPSEL. 1946 Stinson 108-1 and a 1970 Cessna 150 in the hangar.
    Too damn many bikes to list

Full timr RV'er, where we park is home. No fixed address or location.
    PPL and A&P. Had my own Piper Comanche 180 as well as part owner of 2 different C172's.
    DEFINITION OF A VETERAN A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
    Author Unknown

RETPD2001
    Quote Originally Posted by Motor31 View Post
    PPL and A&P. Had my own Piper Comanche 180 as well as part owner of 2 different C172's.
    Looks like a police bike with "Motor" designator. I am a retired cop (also?) Commanche, great aircraft till the factory burned down, I used to own a 250 with another guy, until drug runners stole it, and torched it out here in Arizona....

Quote Originally Posted by retpd2001 View Post
    Looks like a police bike with "Motor" designator. I am a retired cop (also?) Commanche, great aircraft till the factory burned down, I used to own a 250 with another guy, until drug runners stole it, and torched it out here in Arizona....
    "The factory burned down"?

The factory that built the plane still stands. It's a diaper, bed pad and feminine hygene product warehouse.......
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

RETPD2001
    Quote Originally Posted by 36654 View Post
    "The factory burned down"?

The factory that built the plane still stands. It's a diaper, bed pad and feminine hygene product warehouse.......
    OOps, had the wrong natural disaster, it was a flood, quoted here by the Intl Commanche Society:

Plans were in the works to do away with the Comanche and Twin Comanche well before Hurricane Agnes flooded the Susquehanna River and inundated the Lock Haven plant in June 1972. Piper said that production of any more Comanches and Twin Comanches wouldn't be feasible, because the tooling and dies for the Comanche and Twin Comanche were destroyed in the flood.

Quote Originally Posted by retpd2001 View Post
    OOps, had the wrong natural disaster, it was a flood, quoted here by the Intl Commanche Society:

Plans were in the works to do away with the Comanche and Twin Comanche well before Hurricane Agnes flooded the Susquehanna River and inundated the Lock Haven plant in June 1972. Piper said that production of any more Comanches and Twin Comanches wouldn't be feasible, because the tooling and dies for the Comanche and Twin Comanche were destroyed in the flood.
    The factory limped along until about 1983. According to local lore, most of the machines and tooling were covered by federal flood insurance. Whatever happened with those funds is beyond me. However, I do have a brand new Gerstner tool chest (Circa 1973) filled with never used machinist tools that was provided by that same federal insurance program. Many parts of the factory were not flooded, so the old equipment remained in use until the plant was closed.
    Last edited by 36654; 12-04-2012 at 02:06 AM.
    Cave contents: 99 R11RS, 2013 Toyota Tacoma, 03 Simplicity Legacy, 97 Stihl FS75, Dewalt DW625 & DW744

Moondog
    Private pilot and A&P license mostly working on Learjets

advrider.com
    I wish I could afford it. Too many motorcycles, cars, music gear, etc..

I have taken ground school twice, though.

Retired Air Force and regional airline pilot

Bob Schrader

ASEL, Instrument. Owned a Mooney M20C for 10 yrs.
    Ken Martin
    2011 R1200RT
    Kingsport, TN

I'm on the "fly & ride" program...

and the bike seems to offer a few similarities. Checklists for safe operation,
    time/speed/distance calculations; even "bottle 2 throttle" & fitness considerations!
    Its the challenge of smooth operation & decision process that I enjoy.

USAF / GI Bill Flight Training (circa 74-81)
    ASEMEL, Commercial / Instrument
    ATC Tower/TRACON (CVG/MCO)

Travel'in John