Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Practicing Riding in the Rain

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    Practice riding in the rain makes sense I guess, but I still think it is just about the same as getting practice colonoscopies.
    Hmmmmmmmm-? are you saying it rains every ten yrs down there? or that we should ride in the rain every ten yrs same as getting checked or ? A practice colon thing would be ala medical guinea pig, well, I'm just confused I ride in whatever comes along which is often rain. Hey, I'm "practiced"!

Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Hmmmmmmmm-? are you saying it rains every ten yrs down there? or that we should ride in the rain every ten yrs same as getting checked or ? A practice colon thing would be ala medical guinea pig, well, I'm just confused I ride in whatever comes along which is often rain. Hey, I'm "practiced"!
    I mean deliberately going out to ride in the rain just for grins equates to getting several colonoscopies just for grins.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

TravelsWithBarley.com
    I mean deliberately going out to ride in the rain just for grins equates to getting several colonoscopies just for grins.
    I've often heard folks down in Texas were a bit different...

Up here it rains so often if you avoid riding in it you give up half your riding season.
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

I guess thats one way to cut your medical bills...

Larry
    2006 R1200RT

Riding in the rain will never be 'comfortable'. It will always be a necessary evil, to get to those places and days where the sun shines, and all seems right with the world.
    You will get all the 'practice' you might ever need in the real world.
    Deliberately going out into rain to 'practice' riding in the rain to me is like cutting yourself with a knife, to 'practice' your response, pain endurance, and healing processes.
    dc

TravelsWithBarley.com
    Quote Originally Posted by David13 View Post
    Deliberately going out into rain to 'practice' riding in the rain to me is like cutting yourself with a knife, to 'practice' your response, pain endurance, and healing processes.
    dc
    The Gunny always told us that pain was weakness leaving the body!
    '07 R1200GS for solo rides
    '10 R1200GSA with Hannigan dual sport sidecar for rides with Barley

Quote Originally Posted by glenfiddich View Post
    I've often heard folks down in Texas were a bit different...

Up here it rains so often if you avoid riding in it you give up half your riding season.
    Last spring we rode in 19 consecutive days of rain in the Pacific northwest and British Columbia. It was so many days in a row that I actually celebrated when I needed to find my sun glasses again. I don't need or intend to go practice.

Where we live we get a few rainy days a year. When it happens we usually pop a beer top and sit on the porch laughing.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

EyeBiker
    My experience is that the colonoscopies were pretty anticlimactic. Sedation is gooooood. On the other hand, the day-before prep was like sitting on spikes while going for a ride in drilling quarter-sized hail.
    Calvin Miller
    2007 R1200RT

IF? this thread? has any? possible utility, perhaps? we have encouraged? someone?,maybe even just that one? lucky ?soul?, to go get checked? , via PG's "encouragement?"? I've had mine this summer so that shoe doesn't fit.But, it's the thought that counts...

P.S. Do people grin under sedation?

Last week I spent four days riding and camping in the rain and everything was fine. Three days after I returned to civilization I started coming down with a cold, so now I'm sitting around coughing and hacking.

I guess I should have stayed out in the rain.
    Ride far enough today so you can't come home untill tomorrow. 1998 BMW 1100GS
    IBA# 47129