Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Forum Blocked ?

Unhappy Forum Blocked ?

Just FYI, my employer has added the bmwmoa forum to its list of blocked sites. Reason given was for malicious or dangerous content.!.!
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....

Quote Originally Posted by breyfogle View Post
    Just FYI, my employer has added the bmwmoa forum to its list of blocked sites. Reason given was for malicious or dangerous content.!.!
    I suspect your employer is more concerned with the fact you are goofing off when you should be working. Or is "research" here a necessary part of your job? If you are in any way employed by BWM, I think I get their point. Unfortunately.
    Doug
    1992 K100RS

I'm not sure if you were on over the past weekend, we had a virus/malicious script give us a go. That event triggered warnings with most anti-virus programs/browsers. How about checking to see if this is why..................or they just don't want you on while at work Thanks, OM
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200
    Part of the Forum Threadside Assistance Program

Cool

A ton of virus alerts over the past week or so.

I think Jeff at HQ has worked thru the bugs, but most likely why an employer has black-listed the BMW MOA.

A recurring problem, especially when you share your computer/e-mail with 1,700 other users!
    Kevin Greenwald - Touring Tips Editor
    Nationally Certified Law Enforcement Motor Officer (Ret.) / IBA Member #34281
    MSF RiderCoach # 121656 (BRC,SBRC,IS,IME,SMARTrainer)
    Motorcycle/Driving Instructor - ROAD AMERICA Race Track

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Man View Post
    ... we had a virus/malicious script give us a go. That event triggered warnings with most anti-virus programs/browsers. How about checking to see if this is why..................
    The company actually has a very reasonable use policy, before/after hours & lunch are OK. They also are very open about their reasons when non-business sites get blocked. Sites that contain inappropriate content and are obviously blocked. Social media sites usually just produce a warning. In this case, the term "malicious content" was used so I suspect that is a reasonable description of the problem.

I wonder how infected sites get off the blacklist once they are cleaned up ?
    '89 K75S Original Owner
    '94 (Beta) R11RS, ( RIP 12-5-2010 courtesy of blind left turning cage driver ) ....

That's up to your IT person. Ask.
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

It would seem that for some search engines it's a time thing.

Quote Originally Posted by dbrick View Post
    That's up to your IT person. Ask.
    That's a good start.............
    I sorta got hollered at a place yesterday for "end running" some of the "blocks" yesterday...............I thought I had fixed a problem...
    "Well they say.. time loves a hero but only time will tell.. If he's real, he's a legend from heaven If he ain't he was sent here from hell" Lowell George
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

This site has been infected way too often lately. Every time I access it from work and there is a problem with it being infected an "incident report" is logged with not only the site name, but my name. This is really bad.

I deleted my bookmark at work for this reason. If the site is going to be infected, I am tired of having incident reports logged that could get me into a lot of trouble.

Harry
    2003 R1150RT - Silver

I'm self employed, but I had my IT guy block the Forum and another board at my office, but not because of security concerns.

Next time he's in, it will be ADVrider.
    Last edited by rinty; 11-30-2012 at 02:44 PM.
    Rinty

"When you don't know where you're going, any road will get you there."

Quote Originally Posted by AKsuited View Post
    This site has been infected way too often lately. Every time I access it from work and there is a problem with it being infected an "incident report" is logged with not only the site name, but my name. This is really bad.

I deleted my bookmark at work for this reason. If the site is going to be infected, I am tired of having incident reports logged that could get me into a lot of trouble.

Harry
    Yep, it's a PITA. Most don't realize what went on last weekend. Some of us put in days of effort to get this cleared- not to mention the risks to say, my computer while I dug out the malicious URL's. There is no part of this any of us here in the background want to do again anytime soon. There is no magic shield for this. The TW200 forum I visit was taken to it's knees recently with a much worse "attack". Everybody be careful, keep your AV up to date, and let us know if something doesn't look right. Gary
    2009 F800GS 1994 TW200

Still plays with trains. tinytrains's Avatar
    Showed up blocked at my work too. I assume there is a master threat list companies subscribe to and the MOA forums got on it.

URL: http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=65
    URL Categories: Malicious Sites
    Rule Name: Block URLs With Bad Reputation

Sorry to hear there was reason for this, and thank you to those who cleaned it up. Now can we ever get off the list?

Thanks,
    Scott
    1988 K75 Low Seat
    2009 R1200R Roadster

The infection is spreading. bmwmoa is now blocked at home by google and the Camino and Opera Mac browsers......
    '89 K75S Original Owner

It is listed as a malicious site by mcafee.
    Go to http://www.trustedsource.org/en/feed...on=checksingle
    And enter http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum

Typically your it folks are not blocking them rather hey subscribe to a service like mcafee or barracuda which detects and blacklists sites automatically.

Usually mcafee will clear in a few days, but says admins can contact them and asked to be cleared.

I hope this helps.
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

Btw, no issues with tapatalk on an iPad.
    Lynn
    2008 BMW R1200RT (most fun you can legally have)
    2002 BMW R1150RT
    2008 Kawasaki Versys

The MOA website is showing up blocked on my computer today as well (started last night). I attached a screenshot as a PDF if that's helpful. It does not seem to matter which browser I use (Safari or Firefox). So far, I am able to ignore the warning to get to the site.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Jim
    '78 R80/7 and '84 R100RS (Blues Brothers), '86 K75C (Icy Hot)
    '90 and '93 Red Mazda Miatas ("Jelly Bean" and "Red Hot")
    '96 Giant Upland (big Kendas & freshly greased bearings!)