Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Flashlights ?????

Fenix LD10. Similar to the Surefire, less money too. Uses AA batteries.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Interesting flashlight thread from a while back HERE
    And from that thread, my Maratech Rev.2 is still going strong. The anodizing is becoming a little frayed around the edges, but I use it almost every night at work. Why I opted for black I work a night shift... silver would have been better.

A bit on the pricey side; $24.95

And I too quit using Duracell's at OM's suggestion.
    "It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

Unfunded content provider tommcgee's Avatar

http://www.wickedlasers.com/torch

I want one of these:

Salty Fog Rally 2007, 2009, 2011, 2012, AND LOOKING FORWARD TO 2014!

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by Lmo1131 View Post
    And from that thread, my Maratech Rev.2 is still going strong. The anodizing is becoming a little frayed around the edges, but I use it almost every night at work. Why I opted for black I work a night shift... silver would have been better.

A bit on the pricey side; $24.95

And I too quit using Duracell's at OM's suggestion.
    I also own a Maratac, but AA batteries. Nice unit.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Surefire

The Surefire E2D is bright, indestructable but be sure to carry spare batteries.
    2009 R1200GS
    MOA#188597

Fenix L2cd all the light you could want, long runtime and uses AA batteries. Unbelievable how much light a high quality regulated light can put out!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmftoy1 View Post
    Fenix L2cd all the light you could want, long runtime and uses AA batteries. Unbelievable how much light a high quality regulated light can put out!
    I had two Fenix lights fail on me. I won't buy another. I own more flashlights than Zeus.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Quote Originally Posted by tommcgee View Post
    I had two Fenix lights fail on me. I won't buy another. I own more flashlights than Zeus.
    Zeus doesn't need flashlights!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    1987 K75S
    Original litter
    Original owner
    2012 Ural Gear Up

Quote Originally Posted by 35634 View Post
    Zeus doesn't need flashlights!
    Define flashlights.

-Tom (KA1TOX)

Rider on Ramald
    I use the Fenix LD20, incredible brightness, really long battery life (standard AA), fits the clamp in the RT glove box. http://j.mp/FenixF20

Weapons mags;

All these weapons magazines have dozens of light options, most with blinding powerful lights. My Son in Law has one that uses one battery and produces so much powerful light, I am amazed. One battery and lasts and lasts. The new stuff out now is incredible. I bought a cheap(10$) throwaway led light at a truck stop 2 years ago. You know those plastic sealed units, firefighters recommend and all advertiseing? Still going strong, no issues. Very bright too. Randy

Let there be light. . .

The older I get, the more light I need -- and I need it RIGHT where I need it.

I'm always searching for a light that will AIM hands-free, both for use in the garage and on the road. (Airhead rider.)

Lowe's (and probably others) sell a light that will surprise you: Called a "Night-Ize" it looks just like a four-legged spider. Only ONE LED, and it takes a flat-type battery (Radio Shack, etc.)

Sorry, can't post a picture, but the "body" of the spider is about 1.5" and the bendable legs are each about 3". THESE BENDABLE LEGS ARE WHAT MAKES THIS DEVICE SPECIAL, as they can be bent to hold the light very precisely where you need it. I think it was around $7 or so.

Don't know about you, but I've got plenty of other lights, some corded, some not, some with magnets, etc., and NONE of them have ever been quite satisfactory for mechanic work because I can't get the light exactly where needed. Problem solved. Even with only ONE LED, this light can be precisely aimed ANYWHERE by use of the four bendable legs. Frankly, I was surprised at what a difference it made to have the light exactly aimed at what you're doing! Also, easy to take along in the tool-tray.

Try it, and you may be surprised at how useful this is.

Walking Eagle

The new hyper bright lights are wonderful. In addition to one of these I like to have an old fashioned 2D or 2C type or a mini led one.

My night vision (such as it is at my age) seems to return faster when exposed to a dimmer light source than the brighter ones.

Looking for something in your tent or finding your way to the restroom don't usually require a blinding light source.

Dimmer lighting might also be a courtesy to your camping neighbors.

I LIKE Bright!

Especially those night trips to potty and in bear country. Bears cannot see so well with bright lights in their eyes. That dark fuzzy thing(tree stump or bear) in the immediate area, just outside of lights reach bothers me a lot. I want bright and accurate lighting. Maybe adjustable would be nice. I'd really like one of those million candlepower, burn the fur off anything in the night light! Had one, but not biker friendly, needing a nuclear power source, but work sooooo fine on my ranch property. .....Randy

LED flashlight prices have really come down during the past few years. Many good ones are available for a few bucks. Get several small compact ones and stow them where you'll need them (top case, side cases, jacket pockets). That way they're always handy, and if you loose one, it's no big deal.