Thread: 2012 GTL - Bike to Bike Comm, Retaining Bluetooth ?

EMS in CLE

2012 GTL - Bike to Bike Comm, Retaining Bluetooth ?

OK, so I'm looking to trade my '06 R1200RT for a 2012 K16GTL. Right now, I have the Baehr Capo, which gives me passable bike-to-bike communications. Used to have GMRS, and the quality of communications was super, but the integration was poor.
    What solutions have others found for an integrated bike-to-bike comm system that will play nicely with the GTL's Bluetooth functionality ?
    Dealer showed my the Scala G9, but that uses Bluetooth for the bike-to-bike, and I've always read that Bluetooth's "normal" range is 30'.
    I am also not sure that my riding buddy would want to get a new system, just because I got a new bike, so GMRS or FRS would be best for me.
    clean integration is essential, and I'd REALLY like to stay cordless for the helmet.
    Thoughts ?

Same issue here. I have 1600gt with comm. Wife has a 650gt both Schubert helmets long beach BMW installed BMW comm system in hers to match mine, works through my bike and supposedly works for 1/4 mile

EMS in CLE

so?

Quote Originally Posted by t6pilot View Post
    Same issue here. I have 1600gt with comm. Wife has a 650gt both Schubert helmets long beach BMW installed BMW comm system in hers to match mine, works through my bike and supposedly works for 1/4 mile
    Does that mean what you have does work, but only with a quarter mile range?

No. Haven't tried it yet, sales manager, whom I trust says 1/4 mile is the limit of the range. Funny he says she should hear me from a longer distance than I can hear her, that could be good

EMS in CLE

Question Sena SR10

now I have located the device that will enable me to interface the GMRS to the bluetooth system - the sena SR10. The question now is which bluetooth system to get with the GTL. BMW ? Scuberth? Scala ? Sena ?
    Which if these systems will play the most nicely with the bike and chosen peripherals ?
    Last edited by ericmsimon; 11-26-2012 at 03:02 PM.