Thread: ND - Missouri Natl Grassland and TR NP?

Hybrid View

ND - Missouri Natl Grassland and TR NP?

Has anyone ridden through these? Are there any paved roads through them? I'm planning a trip with a cousin next June. I'm on a GS but he's on a Road King so don't want to take him onto much gravel until he's got a lot more miles behind him.

Otherwise I'd like to come through Black Hills and up to MT to head west toward Glacier.

Other suggestions are welcome.

TFTI!

The South Unit of Theodore National Park is all paved. And gorgeous. You'll love it! The north unit has more to explore but with all the oil exploration there are way too many trucks for me!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

Like Voni says, the south unit at TRNP is paved and beautiful. I used to live about 35 miles from the park. If you're headed for Glacier you'll want to work west, then angle north up to Glacier so you don't have to go through the oil patch in NW corner of ND. Hwy200 and 89 up to the park is the way we used to go, kept us away from the interstate as much as possible.

Enjoy the trip!

GTRider
    DGerber
    1983 R80ST -- 1988 K100RS (r.i.p.) -- 1995 R1100RSL (gone, never forgotten) -- 2004 K1200GT w/Hannigan S/C -- 2010 K1300GT

The North Unit is also paved and very nice. Part of the road slid away and is under construction, but it may be completed by now. So part of the drive was unaccessible this summer. Ping me in the spring and I can let you know if it is open, I get there frequently.

Thanks to all. Sounds like we'll steer we'll clear of anything to do with the Bokken. I like the look of MT 200 on the map.