Thread: bmw customer service terrible

Hybrid View

bmw customer service terrible

After four emails and several calls on a brand new r1200rt that bro,e down on the first day and still at the dealer waiting on parts I finally got of hold of someone at customer service lets just say it was no Disney experiance! I was told that it didn't matter how long it takes to get a part and not only being able to ride a new bike one day and having it set at the dealer for three weeks doesn't warrant her to interact! Wth is she there for and obviously ride she doesn't ride a motorcycle, I could understand if someone was being rude and unreasonable but I guess being polite and asking BMW to help expedit a part is an unreasonable request, the dealer I bought from is great but they are getting nowere also

Douglas Williams
    Sent from a Galaxy, far, far away

Just remember, it in not the bike's fault you are getting crappy service. It is the crappy dealer. It may well be the dealer's fault for the breakdown as well, as they do have to partially assemble the bikes before sale..... If you can, find a different dealer.
    02' K12LT ~ 83K '97 F650GS ~ 32K' 81 XS400 ~ 9K
    MOA #184190 Club #231 48035

BOKRIJDER
    Quote Originally Posted by der verge View Post
    Just remember, it in not the bike's fault you are getting crappy service. It is the crappy dealer. It may well be the dealer's fault for the breakdown as well, as they do have to partially assemble the bikes before sale..... If you can, find a different dealer.

I believe the OP was describing a disappointing experience with BMWNA rather than a shortfall of a dealership. Using the above noted logic, one could read, " If you can, find a different brand."

Bokrijder

Quote Originally Posted by Bokrijder View Post
    I believe the OP was describing a disappointing experience with BMWNA rather than a shortfall of a dealership.
    Which is a mistake.

Dealers are responsible for getting bikes fixed, not BMW.

Not until it becomes a technical problem beyond any dealer's capability that is.

My dealer has loaner bikes that we can ride when our bike's in for service.

BMW has a VOR (vehicle off road) program whereby any part can be ordered for overnight shipment. You pay. This is for in-stock-in-USA parts. Airplanes fly from Europe, too, but I'm not informed about arranging that.

FWIW when Land Rover returned to the USA in the mid-1980s they established their national parts warehouse at/near the Memphis airport ... site of FedEx's main operation.
    Kent Christensen
    '12 R1200RT, '02 R1100S, '84 R80G/S

With no information how do you blame dealer

Not knowing what parts are being waited for, how could you know it the dealer.
    Find a different dealer? Unfortunately BMW repair is not like a many motorcycles with a repair shop all over the place.

I know I waited long time for parts for BMW, 3 months was a long time: I know the dealer kept checking and getting a time for shipments the expired, and then another.

Even BMW's are not perfect, and Germany's make mistakes.
    Tom
    '84 R100RT '04 CLC(gone) Honda NT700V
    BMW
    Beer Motorcycles Women

Quote Originally Posted by MIAirhead View Post
    Find a different dealer? Unfortunately BMW repair is not like a
    I believe my response was "If you can, find....."

Also, I realize the op has spoken with BMWNA. If the dealer has actually ordered the parts at the point when the bike showed up in their repair shop, as far as corporate is concerned, protocol has been and is being followed. I am not saying that having to wait this long for something to be fixed does not suck, but then many people here speak as if this type of thing only happens with BMWs. I can assure you, I have been through similar circumstances with many different vehicles/ appliances of various mfg through out my life.
    02' K12LT ~ 83K '97 F650GS ~ 32K' 81 XS400 ~ 9K
    MOA #184190 Club #231 48035

Tekno
    The term is notorious. Notorious.
    I don't think I ever had to wait long for any part for anything.
    I do remember many years ago several people waiting weeks or months for parts and repairs, I think they both had Chevrolets.
    I guess I been lucky.
    So far.
    dc

Quote Originally Posted by 83014 View Post
    Oh great... I'm infamous already.

Quote Originally Posted by TeKnophile View Post
    Oh great... I'm infamous already.
    But we never heard the ending of your story.

How did it all end?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Ride Well, Ride Often, Ride to

Charter Member "High Town" crew.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by SIBUD View Post
    But we never heard the ending of your story.

How did it all end?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Well I just updated the post this morning. But the short of it is that I kinda figured it out with the help of the guys in Denver. There is an adjustment screw nobody in the universe knows about. Nice shop too BTW.

Registered User RapidRoadRescue's Avatar
    I order bearing and few other parts for boxer transmission and was told the will be about 3-4 weeks since there ware not in US, those parts need to be ordered from Germany. OK but 3-4 weeks?

I make a call to a friend in a small independent BMW shop in Europe and got all parts in 4 days.
    Seems like some dealers do not stock anything anymore and even things like seals or bearings.

Martin
    The guy who invented the first wheel was an idiot. Now, the guy who invented the second wheel... he was the genius.
    www.motorcycleworkshop.net
    www.rapidroadrescue.com

Quote Originally Posted by rhood1960 View Post
    a brand new r1200rt that bro,e down on the first day and still at the dealer waiting on parts
    What's wrong with the bike and what parts are on order.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT