Thread: Installing Kisan Signalminder

Installing Kisan Signalminder

99 R1100RT

Am installing the Kisan Signalminder SM-5 module. Having trouble installing the connecting plug from the wiring harness. I have verified that the Kisan receptacle is identical to the BMW turn signal relay I took out. The harness connector has a cam lock.

My issue is it goes in for 1/8" or so then stops. I don't want to force it and break something so am wondring if there is a trick to getting this thing to set in correctly. I have unlocked the camlock and rotated it back, which is how I got if off. Any tips on this or am I just not pushing hard enough?

Sounds like you are doing it correctly. If I recall when I installed my Signalminder that occasionally the plug binds. Try pushing the plug onto the module as you turn the cam. Sometime a little dialectric grease will help. Good luck.
    Al - Ogden, Utah
    Boxer bikes, boxer dogs, and letterboxing.
    2012 1200RT
    2006 Boxer dog (Paisley)

I hate those %^&* cams

I have added the signalminder to all of my oilheads, so you would think that i would have this procedure down pat. NOPE! Each time i fight with it....

but the results are worth the aggravation.
    Somers, NY

Just enjoying the ride.......

I got it in. The secret is you have to open the camlock all the way in the unlocked direction, then it goes right in.

Installed with the brake input option and took a test ride on Tuesday, everything worked great. Went for a ride today and 5 minutes into the ride the lights started flashing erratically, like the brakes were being applied. Stopped and disconnected the brake input wire on the signalminder. Problem went away. Thinking I may have a poor connection where I tapped into the brakeline, but not sure if that makes sense if the 12V doesn't appear until you activate the brakes. Any thoughts on this?

In your neck of the woods and considering plug-and-play install. Sent pm. Any pics would be appreciated.
    R75/6, 2004 R1150RTA.