Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: New Trunkless Gold Wing F6B

I smiled when I saw this bike. I thought it was probably designed by the same person who designed the Valkyrie Rune. I suspect he was greatly disturbed that the Rune did not catch on so he thought, "I know, I'll make it a Harley Road Glide Custon."

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...de-custom.html

E.
    Last edited by Easy; 11-20-2012 at 06:04 PM.

I would have taken the "trunkless Gold Wing" project a step further and a bit different than they did with the F6B. Rather than make it a "Street Glide", bring it out as the "Gold Wing Sport" or GT. Like the F6B remove the trunk and king-queen seat. The fly screen windshield should be taller, say a little lower than the regular Wings and adjustable. Lower the bars and move them forward an inch, an inch more suspension for better cornering clearance and ride quality, expose a little more engine, taller 5th gear for more relaxed highway running and better fuel economy. Cruise, driving lights, and ABS standard.
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    I would have taken the "trunkless Gold Wing" project a step further and a bit different than they did with the F6B. Rather than make it a "Street Glide", bring it out as the "Gold Wing Sport" or GT. Like the F6B remove the trunk and king-queen seat. The fly screen windshield should be taller, say a little lower than the regular Wings and adjustable. Lower the bars and move them forward an inch, an inch more suspension for better cornering clearance and ride quality, expose a little more engine, taller 5th gear for more relaxed highway running and better fuel economy. Cruise, driving lights, and ABS standard.
    Now this makes better sense than what Honda did.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

Quote Originally Posted by milo View Post
    Now this makes better sense than what Honda did.
    '03 R1150R, '03 F650GS, '97DR200SE,'78 Honda CT-90, '77Honda CT-90

Quote Originally Posted by amiles View Post
    Seems reminiscent of the Valkyrie that they discontinued several years ago.
    Exactly. Take one already-engineed and tooling-paid-for motorcycle, add some new plastic, and voila!
    David Brick
    Santa Cruz CA
    2007 R1200R

i like it . hopfully it doesnt sell well and will be greatly discounted in 2 yrs when im ready to upgrade.