Quote Originally Posted by Royce View Post
Sounds like you did not have an F800ST first. So you can't comment on direct comparisons, right?
Hello,

I've ridden the ST for about 700 miles or so. It's a lot harder on my wrists, hands & shoulders that the GT is. The seating position is a lot more comfortable on the GT. Many of the ST owners have commented about the less than idyllic seating position. It does offer better wind & element protection than the ST also. However, it is not an RT. The faring is quite a bit smaller. It does present a very unique riding experience. The faring at about 50 mph or so creates a wind pocket. Your instinct would be to try to tuck deeply behind the screen, however when you lean forward just a bit, you drop into this nice body sized pocket of air. Your helmet is still up in the open air though there is not any buffeting through about 85 mph.

I was really surprised that what to me is such a small bike in stature gave such nice protection. I am fortunate to be able to ride many different bikes for extended periods of time. This is just a really pleasant little bike. It does seem to me that the company marketing does market it's similarities to the RT, but I didn't find it that way. It's a really cool bike all on its own. There may be some overlap with the RT, but it's a different bike entirely.

Just my .02