Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: anybody ever use something like this?

Back in 1980 I used a device in which the front tire is held by a bracket and lines from from each handlebar end to the ends of the rear bumper of the vehicle. I removed the chain from the rear sprocket and took a 1961 BSA DBD34 from Homestead to Texas. No problem except when my wife decided to back up to get the car closer to the gas pump! I was amazed that I was able to pick up the rear of the bike while screaming at her to "stop" before she backed over my Goldstar!! If you do use one I suggest make certain it fits both the car and the bike and is well-made! Also a note taped to the dash saying "DO NOT BACK UP" in giant red letters may be appropriate!

Quote Originally Posted by Acejones View Post
    You are pretty wrong. It doesn't take very long at all and the lack of suspension doesn't seem to be an issue. I have hauled a R80RT from North Carolina back down here to Mississippi and hauled a F650GS from here to McAllen Texas and back with no problems. Its really a nice piece of engineering.
    Thanks for the information. I stand corrected ! I took a minute to look up their website, and it is a nice trailer. Made of heavy steel and there are ample photos and testimonials of people using it for large heavy Harleys.

http://shop.trailerinabag.com/home.php

I actually think I might order one of these after the first of the year as it will solve a couple of vexing problems of logistics I have been having.
    Doug, 2011 R1200RT Polar Metallic
    MSF #127350 NAUI #36288

advrider.com
    There is no way in hell I'd use the hitch one, and I'd only feel slightly better using the trailer in the bag.

Just rent a u-haul trailer if your need for trailer, but lack of space, is that imperative.

Edit: Holy moly, $1200-$2600 for the trailer in a bag?

Quote Originally Posted by crazydrummerdude View Post

Edit: Holy moly, $1200-$2600 for the trailer in a bag?
    Yow! My thought exactly.

Convenience is expensive...
    1983 R100RS (Sold)
    2004 R1150RT
    BMW MOA 181289
    ABC 13558