Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Flea Market

Flea Market

Anyone else having trouble with posting to the flea market?

Yes, there's some things going on...hopefully it will be addressed soon. Another thread on this:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64280
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

What's going on,it's been down all week??..when will it be fixed??..this is the only reason i stay associated with this...club.

I'm very sorry that this continues to be a problem. There is action in the background, the most important of which is dealing with a hole in the forum which let the virus in a few weeks ago. I will be involved in a telecon today to discuss the forum situation and the path forward. I have no ability to actually make changes to the forum, but people in the phone do. Hopefully we can begin to make progress.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

How about repairing the issue of: when one clicks on a "name" to check out about them in their statistics, etc the fact that NOTHING happens........Thanks for all that you are doing......and of course the freebee other guys....no one has room to complain about what is going on........God bless.......Dennis

Dennis -

That's a little different issue, but the office is very well aware of that paticular problem. If you'll notice, all things on the forum that usually result in a pull-down menu (Search, Quick Links) are "broken". It's a common coding issue and it should be fixed soon.

Try right clicking on these things, like a username. Then select "open in new tab". You should then see everything you need in the new tabbed window.

the most important of which is dealing with a hole in the forum which let the virus in a few weeks ago.
    It is better that they are dealing with the problem, then letting people get infected with the Virus. I am more then happy to wait as long as it takes.

Well ya'd better be makin' it snappy, 'cause the natives are getting a might restless ... ..

"It is what you discover, after you know it all, that counts." _ John Wooden

Lew Morris
    1973 R75/5 - original owner

They have an expert working on the problem, and we should know if it can be easily fixed by Monday morning. If not then, the MOA office will be calling "bigger" guns! If necessary, I am considering a workaround.

Quote Originally Posted by 20774 View Post
    They have an expert working on the problem, and we should know if it can be easily fixed by Monday morning. .
    Good to hear they called someone in to fix the problems. The first report of the virus, that I saw, was on Sep 19th and I was starting to wonder if the problems could be fixed.
    I take it the office had to hire outside help??
    Have I undertood your past posts correctly that the site no longer has the virus and the work being done now is fixing the damage to the site?
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Lee -

AFAIK, there are no viruses. Some changes were made initially to close up the "hole" and more have been made. The fact that the "Who's Visited Today" is gone is one of the things that was a possible way in...that appears to be gone permanently...not sure if anything will be coming to replace it.

The guy fixing the issues right now is a former consultant who basically built what you see. He had to step away for family issues but has agreed to come back to try and get us over this hump. If it proves to be too much to deal with in a short term, the office was going to find someone else who could devote more dedicated time.

Lee -

AFAIK, there are no viruses. Some changes were made initially to close up the "hole" and more have been made. The fact that the "Who's Visited Today" is gone is one of the things that was a possible way in...that appears to be gone permanently...not sure if anything will be coming to replace it.

The guy fixing the issues right now is a former consultant who basically built what you see. He had to step away for family issues but has agreed to come back to try and get us over this hump. If it proves to be too much to deal with in a short term, the office was going to find someone else who could devote more dedicated time.
    Thanks for the info.
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Yes, there's some things going on...hopefully it will be addressed soon. Another thread on this:

http://www.bmwmoa.org/forum/showthread.php?t=64280
    Kurt,

Thanks for the update, as I was beginning to worry that all items related to our beloved BMW have dried up. Saw the first item several minutes ago, and was beginning to think, that there is a problem going on in the background.
    Rick MacPherson
    Success is Not a Destination, But a Journey.
    Accredited Motorcycle Appraiser
    1968 BSA Starfire, 1976 BMW R75/6, 2009 R1200RT

Well ya'd better be makin' it snappy, 'cause the natives are getting a might restless

Lew,

Your a riot! Love your humour when it's needed!
    Rick MacPherson
    Success is Not a Destination, But a Journey.
    Accredited Motorcycle Appraiser
    1968 BSA Starfire, 1976 BMW R75/6, 2009 R1200RT

Flea Market is back up.
    Mark Neblett
    Fairfax, VA