Thread: 1994 K75S Replacing fan motor question

Hybrid View

Question 1994 K75S Replacing fan motor question

I'm about to install the new fan motor I got from Beemerboneyard recently.

Wondering if I will need to undo both sides of the fairing and both sides of the radiator hoses to do this---or can it be done on one side? If so, is one side better than the other in terms of access?

I know I will need to let the radiator fall forward a bit after loosening the radiator mount so I can then remove and remount the fan so I suspect I'll have to do both. Just in case I thought I'd inquire here beforehand.
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Count on both sides. The last time I did it I removed the radiator completely. That was on a picnic table at Hungry Mother State Park.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Figures. OK, Paul, now I know what I'm getting into; thanks for the info. I imagine that doing that on the road wasn't much fun, either!

Regards, Jeff
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Quote Originally Posted by Zagando View Post
    Figures. OK, Paul, now I know what I'm getting into; thanks for the info. I imagine that doing that on the road wasn't much fun, either!

Regards, Jeff
    It actually wasn't much different than I would have done at home. Only basic tools needed. Captured and stored the coolant in a plastic "coffee can". I bought some Heet and poured it in the gas tanks of our 2 bikes. I cut the bottom off the bottle and used it for a funnel to refill the radiator. Other than that trick it was pretty routine.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves