Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Thinking Of Returning To a K100RS

On the US Ebay there is a very nice looking K100RS right now. The "buy it now" price is very attractive. If I didn't have a nice one in the garage at the moment, I'd sure be looking at this one myself.

I've never had a K100RS. Neither has Voni. She jumped from a K75 to an R1100RS.

But between us we can't not have a K75. Right now there are three right outside the door and a 4th in Kansas. Total I think we have had eight. Every time either of us is without one we seem to need to find one.

Folks who liked the K100 as well as we liked K75s back in their day will still like them just as well today. Folks who thought they were too hot or top heavy or whatever will find them the same today, I suppose.

Since I'm a sit-up-and-beg type rider I have always liked the tall bar K75s. Did then. Still do. I would sell any/all of my bikes before I would sell the K75 I bought last year from Marilyn Roberts.
    Last edited by PGlaves; 11-30-2012 at 05:35 PM.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

Great Endorsement for K75

I would sell any/all of my bikes before I would sell the K75 I bought last year from Marilyn Roberts.

Now that is an endorsement, from a person that knows bikes. I feel real good about my 85 K100RS.

Quote Originally Posted by PGlaves View Post
    ....But between us we can't not have a K75. Right now there are three right outside the door and a 4th in Kansas. Total I think we have had eight..... I would sell any/all of my bikes before I would sell the K75 I bought last year from Marilyn Roberts.
    You just made me feel really good about choosing a K75 over an older boxer.

Thank you.
    Lynn
    MOA #57883
    Current Ride: 1995 K75 Standard
    Past: 1978 Yamaha XS 750, 1976 BMW R60/6

Quote Originally Posted by walt3022 View Post
    On the US Ebay there is a very nice looking K100RS right now. The "buy it now" price is very attractive. If I didn't have a nice one in the garage at the moment, I'd sure be looking at this one myself.
    I just checked and didn't see the listing? Saw one in AZ with 68K but not a buy now. What year and mileage?
    14 R1200GSA, 93 R100R. No car is as fun to drive as any motorcycle is to ride.

Milo, I went back and had another look. You're correct. No "buy it now" price. It may have been changed by the owner, or I had a Senior Moment.
    Naw.... not me. Not the kid!

Rally Rat
    8-Valve K-Bikes can be had for ridiculously little money, and 16-Valves for little more.

I still have my hot-rod '86 K100RS. It's so much lighter than the later bikes that it feels like a bicycle by comparison, and it still makes me smile.

Love my 1990 k75 standard converted from parking lot tip overRT. Yesterday I picked up a 1987K100rt with28773 on the clock.Always garaged but sitting dormant for 13 years.Can you say toxic sludge in gas tank. I couldn't find a post on easiest way to remove it.If some pne has alink I'd appreciate it.Has anyone used the Euro Motoreletrics total fuel tank pars kit for $360?Thanks in advance.I'm going to make a stab at doing all of my maintainance on my K bikes from here on out.

I imagine that there's probably a great solvent that can be used to clean out your tank with and hopefully someone will chime in with the right answer specifically. Maybe acetone or mineral spirits? Both are available by the gallon at big box stores.

You will need to remove the tank and really check it thoroughly for other problems such as pinhole leaks along the bottom-most areas where water may have collected over the years, too.

My fuel pump and damper was still OK when I found some pinholes/corrosion in mine; I used Fast Steel epoxy putty from Home Depot to fix it for good. $5 and easy fix should you also encounter that problem as well.

I can recommend EuroMoto Electrics highly; their prices and service ABSOLUTELY ROCK!

Good luck on reinvigorating your new "old girl!"
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Found this one on ebay

I bought this one and gave it to my son. I still ride it when I go to the mountains to visit him. Incredible bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezT9zJV0pFE
    Jerry Dockery
    309 N. 3rd. Ave.
    Kure Beach, NC 28449
    1996 R1100RT main bike & 1985 K100RS...too fast to believe.

hanks for the info.Ill keep you updated as I progress.

K-Bikes

My first K bike was a 91 K100RS traded it in for new 98 K1200RS which I still have and love. Just recently bought a 91 K1. Love them all

Quote Originally Posted by JDOCKERY132445 View Post
    I bought this one and gave it to my son. I still ride it when I go to the mountains to visit him. Incredible bike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezT9zJV0pFE
    That 85 K100 looks good, rather pristine, when they made the video, back in 2010. I noticed the front fender seems bigger, or longer on the back side than my front fender on my 88? maybe I am mis-remembering it. Also an interesting point about the hotter cam/more power on the 85 model. Something I never knew.

HOWEVER:
    Agonizing video, that one! I got lost in the "uh"s between every other word. Was ready to slit my wrists after only a couple minutes of that.That guy needs to seriously forget any further public speaking.
    Be The Change You Want To See In The World

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider88 View Post

HOWEVER:
    Agonizing video, that one! I got lost in the "uh"s between every other word. Was ready to slit my wrists after only a couple minutes of that.That guy needs to seriously forget any further public speaking.
    I agree; while watching the RS zoom down the Alabama highway was fun I, too, suffered greatly through all the "uhs."
    Glad to see I am not alone!
    ---Jeff

ex: K75S Berlina R100GS/PD , K100RS , R75/5 , R60/2

Cool Movie critics?

i'I'm sure you guys could make soooooo much better videos. I apreciate him sharing it with Us.
    Me Fish