Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: New girl to MOA

Quote Originally Posted by chasman View Post
    can't answer your question, but, welcome to the moa!
    +3

Women who ride

Quote Originally Posted by tnevling View Post
    You go, girl!! Welcome to the MOA and to the solo lady riding club!! I think we are growing in numbers!
    Yes, welcome to the MOA! Great to see another solo riding lady! Come and join us on the Women Who Ride area of the Forum.

Louise

vincewinkel
    .... welcome to the jungle ...

Thanks, I'm missing it already - temps got up to 55 here yesterday. My boyfriend's going down there later this week. I'm planning on a Christmas time trip. I've pedaled my road bike up Mt. Lemmon (at about 10 mph) and have always wanted to moto up there as well.
    I'm working on a write-up about my recent moto trip southwest, with a little on the pedal rides I did while down there. (Two 100+ mile rides and a 200 mile ride in Death Valley.)
    Hoping it makes the cut for the magazine - I'm reading the guidelines and seem to be doing pretty well. Anyone have any experience with an article? Do I have a shot as a newbie rider? Well, in comparison to most of you all I mean.
    Gracias,
    Bonnie
    A girl and her motorcycle.

You definitely do! Looking forward to read all about it!

We used to trailer bikes to Phoenix to visit my parents over Christmas vacation.

Glorious riding!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles

I am late, but welcome.

On your question for a garage to store your bike, you might try the Anonymous Book that you got when you joined.

Look for the "SS" code in the listing, which stands for storage space. Of course, this is typically for emergencies, but I bet your fellow members will be able to help you find something.

Ian
    Go soothingly through the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon.

Hi Bonnie Sue

Welcome to the Forum. There are many good people on here that can answer questions and get you pointed in the right direction. They have answered many of my questions, even the stupid ones (questions that is).

An observation though, I noticed that your thread got over 1000 views and all the other new forum visitors only got 4 or 8 or maybe up to 300 if they were on there for a few weeks. I noticed one thread from "Honeybunny" ( I hope it's another lady) that got over 900 views. My conclusion is that there has to be more men than women on the forum and that this BMW community of men highly respect and show attention to women when they are in the room. I hope I said that all correctly.

Again, welcome to the Forum and post some pics of your bike and let us know about some of your adventures.

DW
    1978 R100rs MOA#22600 125cc Kymco
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.

Quote Originally Posted by rsbeemer View Post

An observation though, I noticed that your thread got over 1000 views and all the other new forum visitors only got 4 or 8 or maybe up to 300 if they were on there for a few weeks. I noticed one thread from "Honeybunny" ( I hope it's another lady) that got over 900 views. My conclusion is that there has to be more men than women on the forum and that this BMW community of men highly respect and show attention to women when they are in the room. I hope I said that all correctly.

DW
    That's sure been my experience!

Voni
    sMiling
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves/
    Live fully. Laugh deeply. Love widely.
    BMW MOA Ambassador / FOM / Roving Forum Moderator/
    Selected Friends of Wile E Coyote/ A Million BMW sMiles