Thread: R1100RT Radio info?

R1100RT Radio info?

Greetings,

I recently bought a '96 R1100RT with the factory radio installed. There is no information in the OEM manual about it's operation, and several searches have turned up nothing of use. Does anyone have a copy of the factory radio manual (if there is such a thing), or perhaps a link? I do have the security code, but that's it.
    Also, I was told that the two jacks on the bike are for a J&M intercom. I can't find anything on the J&M site about a system that old; would anyone have any information about that. too?
    Thanks in advance for any help.
    Conrad Long
    MOA # 82902
    '94 R1100RSA
    '96 R1100RT

I have a .PDF file manual for the R1150RT radio if it will help. If it looks like this send me a PM with your email address.

PAS, thank you for the offer, but unfortunately I believe our radios are different enough that it wouldn't be of much help. Mine looks like this:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Conrad Long
    MOA # 82902
    '94 R1100RSA
    '96 R1100RT

Conrad I have been unable to post anything to this site for days. Not sure if I'm the only one or not.

I cant even high light a name to get private info so I couldnt send it to you anyway.

BUT it still may help explain how it works even though they dont look exactly alike.

You would have to post your email address here to do so.

Man, I'd love to have a radio and speakers on my 04RT. I have good earbuds, and one helmet equipped with speakers, but none is quite as convenient as having an on-bike system.
    R75/6, 2004 R1150RTA.

PAS, I'm having the same problem; tried clicking on your name, with no results. If you'd still like to send that pdf. (and it just might have some good info) my email is revcone at hotmail.com.
    Conrad Long
    MOA # 82902
    '94 R1100RSA
    '96 R1100RT

It's on the way, let me know if you get it.

Radio system

Quote Originally Posted by 175781 View Post
    Man, I'd love to have a radio and speakers on my 04RT. I have good earbuds, and one helmet equipped with speakers, but none is quite as convenient as having an on-bike system.

Tried to PM you

I have a Radio system from my 00RT(sold) that i did not install. I have the Box, Mount and Radio. NO Speakers. PM me or email sh996@yahoo.com for more info.
    Thanks
    01 R1150GS
    75 R75/5 Toaster LWB Red
    Al Navecky Jr