Thread: Which Ram Mount?

DNORDINKGT

Which Ram Mount?

I would like to mount my garmin car version Nuvi 2555, in a Ram Aqua box, but it was not clear which ram mount I should use. The bike currently has a Helibar riser, that has threaded holes for mounts, but I will probably be removing that, so the handlebar set up will be stock. If you have pictures of your mounts that would be outstanding.

Rally Rat
    What bike?

DNORDINKGT
    2007 k1200gt

Ram mounts need three (or four) pieces. Look at the bike and consider possible mounting points. Then consider where a short, regular, or long arm would put the device for viewing.

Pick a location on the bike. Pick a base type. Regular base, mini base, U clamp, etc?

Then pick the arm length.

Then pick the cradle for your device. The cradle may come with, or may need an additional ball mount.
    Paul Glaves - "Big Bend", Texas U.S.A
    "The greatest challenge to any thinker is stating the problem in a way that will allow a solution." - Bertrand Russell
    http://www.bigbend.net/users/glaves

DNORDINKGT
    I went through that process on their website, but I cannot tell how the or where the mounts attach therefore I cannot make a determination as to what length arm I need. I assume one of the mounts goes into the open hole near the brake fluid reservoir, but maybe one attached to the hole at the inside edge of the handle bar, byway, I'll just have to look at some bikes in person to see how it is done.

Quote Originally Posted by dnordinkgt View Post
    I went through that process on their website, but I cannot tell how the or where the mounts attach therefore I cannot make a determination as to what length arm I need. .
    When I ordered my stuff, I ordered two different length arms because I could not tell what length was best until I mounted it on the bike.
    Start a thread over on I-BMW http://www.i-bmw.com/index.php? in the K1200GT Slant 4 forum and ask for pictures of mounts on a GT.

Here's one option.

Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

I was not able to edit and attach this resized picture in my above post.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Lee 2011 K1300S
    MOA # 30878
    Past BMW Bikes, 2003 K1200RS, 1991 K75S, 1987 K75T, 1984 R100RT

Look at the Techmount #3-21004. Mounts to the unused mirror hole. You can bolt a Ram ball to this mount and add a arm to position your gps. I use an older version on my 2008 K1200GT, one on the left side for the Zumo, one on the right side for a toll transponder.

DNORDINKGT
    Thanks for all the answers

Rally Rat
    I use the OEM mount sold for the Navigator, and added a round base RAM ball. Can't remember the BMW part number, but it was around $25. The factory holes line up with the RAM holes, but it is not quite centered, though, with the arm you can offset it and center it up nicely.
    Attached Images Attached Images