Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Gerbing Jacket liner or Vest?

Liner here & you gotta have a controller or you'll burn up!

John
    Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Just went through the process. I have a Rally III and do not wear the liner that comes with it. I only were the Gerbings jacket liner with a light short sleeve nylon/rayon T-shirt. Thats all you ever need.

Too hot with electric off--remove liner.

Too hot with no liner---open vents.

Still to hot---remove Rally Sleeves.

Still too hot---remove Rally Vest.

You are now down to a T-shirt.

Still to hot, call it a day. Get six pac of Hinekins/Coors ETC and check into a hotel withh A/C.

See all your options and how easy that is.

If your Gerbings jacket and Rally III Suit is not warm enough and it is that cold, your bike won't start anyway.

Life is simple!

Jack
    Ok, got it!
    Too hot, drink beer.
    Too cold, bike won't start, stay home, drink beer.
    (LOL)
    Thank you,
    John

John
    Quote Originally Posted by kantuckid View Post
    Liner here & you gotta have a controller or you'll burn up!
    I heard that without the controller you are 100% on. I figured the controller was a must to moderate the heat. Even though I am only looking at the Jacket Liner for now, I figured to install the duel controller just in case I decide to add on in the future.
    Thank you
    John

Gerbings jacket liner

Quote Originally Posted by jaherbst View Post
    Just went through the process. I have a Rally III and do not wear the liner that comes with it. I only were the Gerbings jacket liner with a light short sleeve nylon/rayon T-shirt. Thats all you ever need.

Too hot with electric off--remove liner.

Too hot with no liner---open vents.

Still to hot---remove Rally Sleeves.

Still too hot---remove Rally Vest.

You are now down to a T-shirt.

Still to hot, call it a day. Get six pac of Hinekins/Coors ETC and check into a hotel withh A/C.

See all your options and how easy that is.

If your Gerbings jacket and Rally III Suit is not warm enough and it is that cold, your bike won't start anyway.

Life is simple!

Jack
    The same is true with my BMW mesh jacket which did not come with a liner. I just wear my Gerbings heated liner and then follow the steps above. (our mommies taught us how to dress!!!)
    92 K75s (never sell), 97 F650st (sold), 04 R1100s (now owned by a deer), and about 10 others

Quote Originally Posted by EvryDayRide View Post
    I heard that without the controller you are 100% on. I figured the controller was a must to moderate the heat. Even though I am only looking at the Jacket Liner for now, I figured to install the duel controller just in case I decide to add on in the future.
    Thank you
    John
    Wireless dual controller is the way to go!
    John.

So what happens if the battery's in a wireless controller go dead??

Marine By Choice #188306

Something New?

Quote Originally Posted by JStrube View Post
    Wireless dual controller is the way to go!
    I am not aware of a wireless control by Gerbings. Something new?

Quote Originally Posted by Marine By Choice View Post
    I am not aware of a wireless control by Gerbings. Something new?
    Wireless is by warm n safe. Powerlet also uses this controller. They also offer it with Gerbings connectors.
    John.

Jack Herbst
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmftoy1 View Post
    So what happens if the battery's in a wireless controller go dead??
    You go COLD!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

Lol. That's no good!!

Jack Herbst

Think twice before buying GERBINGS!

Thought I would update everyone on my NEW purchase of a GERBING JACKET LINER, GLOVES and DUAL CONTROLLER. I am very disapointed to say the least. JACKET and CONTROLLER burned up first time I used it. It was very difficult to contact Gerbings by phone. After holding over thirty minutes three different times I talked to "Linda" and was told to send it to Olympia WA. for repair. After three weeks I still did not hear from anyone and went through the phone hold twice again, once for thirty minutes and once for twenty minutes. I was told it would be at least another week.

After five weeks I recieved a previously opened controller and my NEW/OLD JACKET LINER. My Jacket liner smelled so bad I had to keep it in the garage. It strongly smelled of burned electrical smoke and fire.

The Gloves, jacket liner and dual controller cost over $500. Along with the jacket return was a letter stating they were bought out by Prospect Brands, LLC and to call Thomas J. Nolan President and CEO of the new acquiring company. I did just that and was told to send an email to the new location in North Carolina and a new jacket liner would be sent. This was eight days ago and I still have not heard from anyone since nor have I recieved the new JACKET and CONTROLLER!

After over SEVEN weeks since my purchase I am still out $500+ and no usable product.

I went to the Los Angeles International motorcycle show last weekend where GERBINGS had a display booth and told them what had happened. "Katie" who handled these problems in Olympia WA said she no longer worked for GERBINGS. Working the show was her last day.

After talking to others I realized they sent me last years model (made in China) that has had numerous quality control issues and they are now bought out by Prospect Brands, LLC. They will now attempt to manufacture in the USA to improve quality and fulfill a government contract. Was told most products are not available to the general public and will not be for up to a year.

My simple advice is to buy another brand at this time or until GERBING/PROSPECT BRANDS LLC gets it together and can provide a reliable product and creates a true customer service and phone contact.

I talked again to Thomas J. Nolan the new President and CEO of GERBINGS/PROSPECT BRANDS and was told there is not another contact for the new plant or business yet but was promised again I would be sent a new jacket liner and controller as promised earlier. I am still waiting--now going on to eight weeks.

They have a full page add in our MOA magizine this month. Buyer be ware!

Jack
    "All my life I wanted to be somebody. Now I realize I should have been more specific."

John
    Some friends went to a Motorcycle show in San Mateo CA about 3 weeks ago and talked to a Gerbing factory Rep. Gerbing products have been back ordered for months. The reason for the back up is not only due to moving the operation back to the USA but they are now making the liners that run on battery packs for Cabela's and Columbia sports wear. If your a hunter, ski or snow boarder, heated gear is really taking off. Light weight, not bulky and as warm or cool as you want to make it. I tried to purchase a large long and was told it would be the middle to the end of December. One of the suppliers that my local shop uses has had an order in since May 15th. They are out of most sizes. So, I am sitting and waiting. The controller is already mounted on the bike. So close but so far.......

Jack Herbst
    Going on nine weeks now and no replacemrnt warraty for burned up Gerbings. Burned up on first use.

Jack

Interesting story, sorry to hear of your troubles, and tonight during some final sewing on my DIY liner, i began to second guess the DIY route.
    I will continue with renewed enthusiasm.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch
    Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote

Try

http://www.cyclenutz.com/

Last time I was there he had stock
    ----------
    Kris - 2007 f650GS