Thread: Bike shipping Company

Hybrid View

Bike shipping Company

anyone out there recommend a company to ship bike within the usa thinking of shipping the bike to salem next year and then riding back home

I shipped my RT with Federal from NC to California, around $650 I think. They were great, did an excellent job, and you can track it along the way. The truck came to my house and they loaded it on a pallet, no hassles. They give discounts for AMA and other clubs.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

Cool thanks

bike shipping

Quote Originally Posted by mohan0 View Post
    anyone out there recommend a company to ship bike within the usa thinking of shipping the bike to salem next year and then riding back home
    That would be my preference. Ship the bike out and then ride back. Would you be willing to share what you find out and perhaps work with others of us from NH?

Louise

I bought a bike in California early this spring and had it shipped here to Michigan using Allied Van Lines. They are a national carrier. They have a 53' trailer built specifically for shipping bikes and sidecars. They furnish a metal pallet that has built in tie-downs. Yes, I would use them again.

Quote Originally Posted by 13313 View Post
    I bought a bike in California early this spring and had it shipped here to Michigan using Allied Van Lines. They are a national carrier. They have a 53' trailer built specifically for shipping bikes and sidecars. They furnish a metal pallet that has built in tie-downs. Yes, I would use them again.
    Federal is Allied Van Lines. If you go to their web, it says something like "Agent for Allied VL." It was an Allied truck that showed up for my bike, with a setup like you describe. So I don't know if you can save money going direct to Allied, but I'd go with the cheapest quote since the actual carrier of your bike is Allied either way.
    Rob C. , Raleigh, NC
    '10 R12RT, R90/6
    2007 CBR600RR & 09 V-Star
    Suzuki DR 350

no problem will sent out info as i get it

quote on line from Federal $ 763.00 shipped from NH to Oregon